Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What's Brewing This Weekend - 9/9 Edition  (Read 5888 times)

Offline chezteth

• Brewmaster
Re: What's Brewing This Weekend - 9/9 Edition
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2011, 09:33:23 am »
I decided to brew yesterday.  Unfortunately, I didn't start until 2pm.  I ended up brewing an American IPA, American Barleywine, and a black IPA.  The Black IPA was actually a bonus since I had plenty of good wort left from the barleywine mash to make another IPA.  Since I hadn't ever brewed one I figured "what the heck".  What is rather amusing is... I am not a huge fan of black IPA's.  I do have to admit though, the wort tastes awesome!  I guess we'll see how it turns out.

Offline tomsawyer

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2011, 09:53:24 am »
Yesterday I brewed a rye pale ale and then a Belgian pale ale.  I finished the BPA with Amarillo, not sure how that is going to work out but it seemed like a good idea at the time.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline realbeerguy

• Brewer
  • Golf & drink beer with your friends
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2011, 10:46:59 am »
10 gal Rye IPA on Saturday, and FINALLY did the Ballentine XXX clone on Sunday with the East Coast Yeast,
Member Savannah Brewers League & Lowcountry MALTS

Bluffton SC

Offline richardt

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2011, 02:40:23 pm »
Brewed an EPA on Sunday.  I intended to get 10 gal of "Best Bitter" with calc. OG of 1.046, but got 11 gallons of "ESB" with actual OG of 1.052.  Got more than I expected (both volume and gravity), so I'm happy.  The wort tasted delicious--I'm expecting good things from this beer.