Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Presenting... Doughboy Brewing Company!  (Read 6980 times)

Offline glastctbrew

• Assistant Brewer
Re: Presenting... Doughboy Brewing Company!
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2011, 10:05:43 am »
Grats Phil!  Wishing you the best of luck and drooling over the lack of regulations!
Scott
Still Hill Brewery

Offline ryang

• Brewer
  • Indian Hills CO
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2011, 10:17:07 am »
Way to make the leap (or rather small step)!!   :P

I know the area... you'll have lots of access to people that's for sure!

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2011, 10:18:51 am »
That's awesome Phil, congratulations!  I'm jealous it is so easy there. :)  Like Keith said, try to keep it fun.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline tonyp

• Brewmaster
  • If it ain't broke you aren't trying hard enough...
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2011, 11:10:11 am »
Wishing you all the best Phil, can't wait to get started on the labels!

Just wanted to let everyone know that working with Phil on the logo design has been a pleasure. Most clients have no ideas, no direction and no clue, but Phil was ready with a unique "background story" that made my job so much easier. As a designer, a lot of what I do is translate feelings into reality, story into substance. When you have the emotion and the story its so much easier to create a design, and when you have a client that lets you do your job and also provides great input, you come up with what I believe is a great result.

Thanks for being such a great client Phil, you deserve all of the good things that will come to you! Congratulations and all the best!

TonyP
Live from the Jersey Shore!

Phrases for Creatives, #22:
"I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter."

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2011, 11:31:19 am »
Impressive graphics Tony. As far as regulations go it is refreshing to see the laxity in this area. And, Phil- if it doesn't work out you at least won't have put yourself in the poor-house trying to get started.

Best of luck! Keep us updated with your progress.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2011, 11:48:14 am »
Awesome, Phil, congratulations!  Hard to believe it's that easy there.  Ameeeeerica! F*ck yeah!  Cuz freedom is the only way, yeah!
Jesse

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2011, 12:08:26 pm »

Just wanted to let everyone know that working with Phil on the logo design has been a pleasure. Most clients have no ideas, no direction and no clue, but Phil was ready with a unique "background story" that made my job so much easier. As a designer, a lot of what I do is translate feelings into reality, story into substance. When you have the emotion and the story its so much easier to create a design, and when you have a client that lets you do your job and also provides great input, you come up with what I believe is a great result.

Thanks for being such a great client Phil, you deserve all of the good things that will come to you! Congratulations and all the best!

TonyP

It helps that we are both AWESOME, Tony. :-)
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2011, 12:10:59 pm »
Impressive graphics Tony. As far as regulations go it is refreshing to see the laxity in this area. And, Phil- if it doesn't work out you at least won't have put yourself in the poor-house trying to get started.

Yeah, I wouldn't have done it if it wasn't so easy and basically didn't cost anything. However echoing what's been said on the Going Pro threads, I can see how if I get lots of demand it quickly becomes expensive due to equipment upgrades. Can't brew commercially on anything less than 5 HL, but that's why I'm in talks with a few of the breweries around here for contracting. That's a bigger step on down the road, but we'll see how it goes.
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

jaybeerman

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2011, 03:20:35 pm »
Phil with all the talk over the last few months I'm glad to see this thing come to fruition.  Have fun with it and when it quits being fun hire more people to do the dirty work.  :)

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2011, 03:58:47 pm »

Yeah, I wouldn't have done it if it wasn't so easy and basically didn't cost anything. However echoing what's been said on the Going Pro threads, I can see how if I get lots of demand it quickly becomes expensive due to equipment upgrades. Can't brew commercially on anything less than 5 HL, but that's why I'm in talks with a few of the breweries around here for contracting. That's a bigger step on down the road, but we'll see how it goes.

A buddy of mine does nothing BUT contract brewing, all around the world, and he's doing pretty well for himself lately. Good luck with it all!
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline Thirsty_Monk

• Brewmaster General
  • Eau Claire WI
    • Lazy Monk Brewing
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2011, 07:17:25 pm »
Phil
Congratulations. As other said keep it fun. Brewing is just a small portion of having a brewery.
Na Zdravie

Lazy Monk Brewing
http://www.lazymonkbrewing.com

Offline Thirsty_Monk

• Brewmaster General
  • Eau Claire WI
    • Lazy Monk Brewing
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2011, 07:18:23 pm »

TonyP
Any free graphic work for ProBrewers  ;D
Na Zdravie

Lazy Monk Brewing
http://www.lazymonkbrewing.com

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2011, 07:30:37 pm »
Sounds like a sweet deal!

Congrats...wishing the best for ya Phil.  8)
Ron Price

Offline tonyp

• Brewmaster
  • If it ain't broke you aren't trying hard enough...
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2011, 08:11:27 am »
Any free graphic work for ProBrewers  ;D

Any free beer for Pro Graphic Designers? :D

but seriously, send me a note and we can talk.
Live from the Jersey Shore!

Phrases for Creatives, #22:
"I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter."

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2011, 03:24:12 pm »
That's awesome phil! Good luck!
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce