Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Moon Man No Coast Pale Ale  (Read 2627 times)

Offline gmac

• Brewmaster General
  • London, Ontario
Moon Man No Coast Pale Ale
« on: September 17, 2011, 02:21:23 pm »
During my travels this week I tried New Glarus Moon Man.  I really like this beer.  Not sure what style it falls into (aside from Pale Ale) but in general it has a strong hop flavour and aroma without much bitterness.  In particular, I find the hop flavours to be very agreeable with tropical fruit dominating the profile.  I definitely think that I taste passion fruit/mango/guava flavours which are very nice with the malt character of the beer.
I drank every one from the bottle so I can't say anything about the colour but I thought it was very easy drinking, very refreshing and very welcome after a day of walking through corn fields.  
If you have a chance to try this one, and you want a beer with a lot of hop character without a lot of bitterness, I'd definitely give this a try.
Edit:  I also brought 3 home so I poured one in a glass.  Pale golden colour, darker than a pilsner but not nearly as dark as I would have expected. 
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 03:02:45 pm by gmac »

Offline Mark G

• Brewmaster
  • Huntley, IL
Re: Moon Man No Coast Pale Ale
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 03:33:22 pm »
New Glarus puts out some great beers, and Moon Man is one of my favorites. I'd call it an American Pale Ale. They don't distribute outside Wisconsin, so drink up while you can. Luckily, I'm in Green Bay this weekend, so I'll be bringing back a trunk full of their beers home.
Mark Gres

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 07:28:23 am »
When we were at my sisters in Wisconsin, picked some Moon Man and the Two Women Lager up.  Both great beers.

New Glarus is a top brewery.  Try some more of their beers next time in WI.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline james

• Brewer
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 09:22:10 am »
I really enjoy this beer when I get a chance to try it.  I know they are tight lipped with their recipes but I thought I read an article that said the hops used were ones you wouldn't expect to find in normal pale/IPAs.  I think people need to experiment more with using something other than citra, simcoe, amarillo, etc  in their beers even though I do love those hops