Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Keezer build  (Read 39775 times)

Offline rayallen

• Assistant Brewer
  • San Antonio, TX
Re: Keezer build
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2011, 07:16:58 am »
Thanks Euge

I think later I will be buying a seperate frige or freezer for lagering.

Offline ibru

• Assistant Brewer
  • Brew Day is My Day!
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2011, 08:51:14 am »
Hey Ray
Great build! I've been following your progress and am impressed with the end product. Do you have beer on all four taps?

I didn't see any electrical wires that went to the lid of the freezer. The "donor" freezer I'm looking at has wiring to the lid for the light. Just wondering if I should splice in an extension or cap it off and not have a light.

Hope you're enjoying!

Offline rayallen

• Assistant Brewer
  • San Antonio, TX
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2011, 09:56:25 am »
Hey Ray
Great build! I've been following your progress and am impressed with the end product. Do you have beer on all four taps?

I didn't see any electrical wires that went to the lid of the freezer. The "donor" freezer I'm looking at has wiring to the lid for the light. Just wondering if I should splice in an extension or cap it off and not have a light.

Hope you're enjoying!

Thanks ibru for the compliment, especially with me being a new guy here.

As far as the light in concerned it can not hurt to have one. I opted not to buy a freezer with one for a couple of reasons. 1- I got this freezer new at a excellent price from lowes. 2- its in my pub room with plenty of light already and I can see just fine without one. So keep it if youd like, it wont hurt anything. Look forward to seeing your build.

My Keezer will be this way for the next few months, I do plan on skinning it to make it look a bit more fancy later on.

Offline roguenationpatriot

• Assistant Brewer
    • Homebrewing Adventures With Nick Filipow
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2011, 07:43:05 pm »
I've been think thinking about going that route, I'll be interest to see how it come out.
Be sure to check out my Blog and website at
http://homebrewblog.webs.com/
http://nickfilipow.blogspot.com/

On Tap
HomeBrews
Oaked Barrel Aged Russian Imp. Stout
English Mild
Welsh's Juice Concentrate Wine
Infused Garlic Ginger Vodka
Infused Vanillia Coffee Bean Vodka

Commercial Favorites
Weasel Boy Russian Imperial Stout
21st Amendment Back In Black
Dogfish Head 90 Min IPA
Troeg's Dreamweaver

Offline pricepeeler

• 1st Kit
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2011, 04:50:42 pm »
Not to be nosy, but what was the old hobby you're walking away from? 

Ive been keeping Saltwater Reef Aquariums for the last 7 years, and decided it was time to take a break. Its a very time and financial consuming hobby.

I have kept an 80 Gallon and 120 Gallon Saltwater Reef Tank in the recent past, I feel you there. 
Currently selling my aquarium equipment, just to much going on to be focusing time, money, and energy into aquariums.
Putting some of that money towards brewing equipment.
We entertain a lot, so brewing beer will be a fun hobby everyone can enjoy.

Offline rayallen

• Assistant Brewer
  • San Antonio, TX
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2011, 08:53:51 pm »
Not to be nosy, but what was the old hobby you're walking away from? 

Ive been keeping Saltwater Reef Aquariums for the last 7 years, and decided it was time to take a break. Its a very time and financial consuming hobby.

I have kept an 80 Gallon and 120 Gallon Saltwater Reef Tank in the recent past, I feel you there. 
Currently selling my aquarium equipment, just to much going on to be focusing time, money, and energy into aquariums.
Putting some of that money towards brewing equipment.
We entertain a lot, so brewing beer will be a fun hobby everyone can enjoy.

yea, I just sold my last aquarium a few weeks ago. The 1st time ive been absolutely 100% without one in years. Have to tell you im loving have the time to focus on my other hobbies.

Havnt updated on here in a while because my newest car/toy/hobby is keeping me busy. I bought a 1964 Econoline Van, and man is it fun. Still brewing though, getting back into the swing of things this weekend when I go shopping at Austin Home Brew Supply :) So look for future updates on my brew setup.

Offline woadwarrior

• Cellarman
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2011, 03:57:34 pm »
So. Have you skinned it yet?

Offline rayallen

• Assistant Brewer
  • San Antonio, TX
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2011, 11:58:22 am »
Nope, got back from Vacation a couple of weeks ago and have been working on my 1964 van. Still trying to figure out how I want to skin it. I know some guys that work a lot with vinyl and it can look pretty cool. May go that route.