Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Friends and kegs of beer  (Read 1868 times)

Offline ukolowiczd

• Assistant Brewer
  • Burlington, VT
Friends and kegs of beer
« on: September 18, 2011, 07:45:08 am »
I'm sure many of you have experienced this; it is a great feeling to supply kegs for a friend's party and finish them all. It's a new feeling for me yet tears of pride and happiness swell in my eyes every time this happens (it's either that or I'm just sad there's only a 30 pack of PBR left to drink...)

Offline oscarvan

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Friends and kegs of beer
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 03:54:20 pm »
I know the feeling......Vacation with a bunch of friends wiped me out....I mean sitting with 16 empty kegs.... JUST got the first one on tap in the "recovery phase"..... IPA...... two Imperial Stouts also on CO2....but....more parties planned.....
Wooden Shoe Brew Works (not a commercial operation) Bethlehem, PA
http://www.woodenshoemusic.com/WSBW/WSBW_All_grain_Setup.html
I brew WITH style..... not necessarily TO style.....

Offline woadwarrior

• Cellarman
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 07:36:33 am »
I'm sure many of you have experienced this; it is a great feeling to supply kegs for a friend's party and finish them all. It's a new feeling for me yet tears of pride and happiness swell in my eyes every time this happens (it's either that or I'm just sad there's only a 30 pack of PBR left to drink...)

Maybe it's a bit of both. I know how I'd feel if the only beer in the house was PBR. ;)

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 06:47:16 pm »
I know the feeling all too well.  I am trying to keep a keg on tap for at least a week, but having trouble with that -- some friends won't even touch the Sam Adams or other crafts that I have around (they give them to me to make up for drinking my beer, but then won't drink what they brought).  Oh well, at least they know what they like.

::)
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline liquidbrewing

• Brewer
  • OG - FG x 131= ABV%
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 06:44:40 am »
I know the feeling all too well.  I am trying to keep a keg on tap for at least a week, but having trouble with that -- some friends won't even touch the Sam Adams or other crafts that I have around (they give them to me to make up for drinking my beer, but then won't drink what they brought).  Oh well, at least they know what they like.

::)

I know how you feel!  Some of my friends bring beer and then drink all my homebrew on draft!  My latest Two Hearted clone replaced by Red Stripe! ???  But alas there are a select few who don't bring any beer, they'd rather drink mine anyways, and "donate" for grain and hops.  It kind of evens out at my house.
Justin
Liquid Brewing, Co.
"Find Your Own Level"

Offline Kit B

• Brewmaster
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 10:24:04 am »
Those words ring true.
My buddies just emailed & said that they're loving the cream ale that I sent on their fishing trip.