Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL AHA 4M's NFL BULL SH$%^&TER'S THREAD!  (Read 96191 times)

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
Re: The OFFICIAL AHA 4M's NFL BULL SH$%^&TER'S THREAD!
« Reply #120 on: November 07, 2011, 04:35:59 pm »
I just figured out a long time ago that whining about bad calls is a waste of time.  Time to move on to next week's blame...  oops, I mean game.   ;)

I also figured out a long time ago how to spot Gator haters.  They are a predictable and amusing lot.   :D
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 05:01:35 pm by punatic »
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #121 on: November 07, 2011, 05:24:18 pm »
It may sound like whining, but I'm just telling it like it was.  I guess "whiny" is my natural voice. ;) ;D

I don't agree btw, I think bad calls should always be pointed out.  It's the only way you can improve the system.  I don't expect them to change anything in the past, but it should change for the future.  Call it tight, call it loose, I don't care, but call it consistently.  I want the winning team to win fairly, not through blown calls or cheating (I'm looking at you Patriots 2007).
Tom Schmidlin

Offline punatic

« Reply #122 on: November 07, 2011, 05:55:40 pm »
It may sound like whining, but I'm just telling it like it was.  I guess "whiny" is my natural voice. ;) ;D

I don't agree btw, I think bad calls should always be pointed out.  It's the only way you can improve the system.  I don't expect them to change anything in the past, but it should change for the future.  Call it tight, call it loose, I don't care, but call it consistently.  I want the winning team to win fairly, not through blown calls or cheating (I'm looking at you Patriots 2007).

The referees' calls from EVERY game are reviewed by the NFL.  Believe me, the refs hear about it when they get it wrong.  There are consequences for blowing it.

It's even worse in MLB.  Once the call is made there is no changing it.  On the whole I think the officials in both of those leagues do a pretty amazing job.  My teams have been on the receiving end of some pretty poor officiating.  Ya just gotta accept it and move on.

It is just a game, after all.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline pinnah

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Wesloper, CO
« Reply #123 on: November 07, 2011, 06:06:47 pm »
I also figured out a long time ago how to spot Gator haters.  They are a predictable and amusing lot.   :D
Does being a Josh "The Little Hoodie" McDaniels hater make me smell like a Gator hater ? :D

'cause I might be. 

Offline pinnah

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Wesloper, CO
« Reply #124 on: November 07, 2011, 06:09:18 pm »
Cutler and Vick tonight?  Think Erlacker is fast enough?

Offline punatic

« Reply #125 on: November 07, 2011, 06:14:25 pm »
Does being a Josh "The Little Hoodie" McDaniels hater make me smell like a Gator hater ? :D

'cause I might be. 

Maybe Tom's onto something.  How did that clown end up with three Super Bowl rings?!

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline pinnah

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Wesloper, CO
« Reply #126 on: November 07, 2011, 06:41:26 pm »
coat tails brother, coat tails. 

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #127 on: November 07, 2011, 10:53:31 pm »
Ya just gotta accept it and move on.

It is just a game, after all.
Ah, I see.  You assume I had a dog in that fight. :)

I just like to see a good, fair game.  Let the players decide the game, the refs are just there to enforce the rules evenly.

I tend to watch as much football as I can, but can't watch nearly as much as I'd like.  That was one game I got to see in its entirety, I got lucky.  I usually don't have the opportunity to watch even one whole game, and between the Denver game and this one I got to see a game and a half.  It was a good day. :)
Tom Schmidlin

Offline punatic

« Reply #128 on: November 07, 2011, 11:51:16 pm »
I know it's expensive ($17.65 per week), but DirecTV's Sunday Ticket is an awesome program; well worth the cost IMHO.
On game day I can bring up a screen with 8 games on at the same time.  When you see a game that you want to look at in full screen you can bring it forward.  I watch two TVs on game day.  One with the 8 at once channel, and one with the most interesting game on it.

But, what I really like is what comes up a few hours after the games are over.  It's called SD Shortcut.  DirecTV and the NFL edit every game down to 30 minutes.  A series of clips that begin at the snap and end at the whistle, for every play of the game, every game of the day.  The refs' penalty calls are included.  Thirty minutes of rapid-fire football plays can be a bit overwhelming, but with the << < > >> II and frame forward/backward functions on the DVR it is an amazing way to see every play of every game you care about every week.  (and yes, Ray Lewis's hit on Hines Ward was very nasty).

When I first started watching football on TV, it was Johnny U (the best quarterback EVER) on a 15" B&W TV.  

How far we have come!

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #129 on: November 08, 2011, 02:12:54 am »
I had the Direct TV package for about 3 years. It was awesome. Then when the Titan's came to Nashville I got interested in them and jumped on the wagon and now I mostly just watch them and bits and pieces of what ever other game is aired. I do not get Monday night football because I only get local stations now. Which is kind of a bummer. But football is the only thing I watch on TV so it is hard to justify making the expense for satellite.

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #130 on: November 08, 2011, 02:22:43 am »
I know it's expensive ($17.65 per week), but DirecTV's Sunday Ticket is an awesome program; well worth the cost IMHO.
On game day I can bring up a screen with 8 games on at the same time.  When you see a game that you want to look at in full screen you can bring it forward.  I watch two TVs on game day.  One with the 8 at once channel, and one with the most interesting game on it.

But, what I really like is what comes up a few hours after the games are over.  It's called SD Shortcut.  DirecTV and the NFL edit every game down to 30 minutes.  A series of clips that begin at the snap and end at the whistle, for every play of the game, every game of the day.  The refs' penalty calls are included.  Thirty minutes of rapid-fire football plays can be a bit overwhelming, but with the << < > >> II and frame forward/backward functions on the DVR it is an amazing way to see every play of every game you care about every week.  (and yes, Ray Lewis's hit on Hines Ward was very nasty).

When I first started watching football on TV, it was Johnny U (the best quarterback EVER) on a 15" B&W TV.  

How far we have come!
That sounds awesome, I'm jealous. :)

It's not about the money (ok, a little) but I don't have the time to spend watching games with the list of crap I have to get done every weekend.  Then there's the fun things I like to do on weekends too, watching football is just a lower priority.  Plus we're not all self employed and essentially sleepless. ;)  We typically get 5 NFL games a week, I usually get to watch a half here or a quarter there.  I could DVR the ones we get and watch them slowly over the course of the week, but inevitably I find out who won and then it is no fun to watch the game without the suspense.

I can't get directv anyway, too many big trees in the way.  I've had the techs out twice, they were kind enough to point out exactly which trees I would have to cut down, but besides the crime of cutting down a 75 year old tree to watch different TV, there is the crime that I don't own all three of the ones that are in the way.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here

Offline thirsty

• Brewer
  • Brewster, NY
« Reply #132 on: November 08, 2011, 01:59:40 pm »
That would be very cool, but I'm not holding my breath.

Offline pinnah

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Wesloper, CO
« Reply #133 on: November 08, 2011, 02:50:47 pm »
I remember the first time I saw a game at the stadium,
and was shocked that I could watch the routes developing down field.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #134 on: November 08, 2011, 03:03:43 pm »
I remember the first time I saw a game at the stadium,
and was shocked that I could watch the routes developing down field.

The ONLY reason I became a Titans fan is because I could go to see the games in person. This will probably be the first year I miss seeing a game since they came to Nashville.

Totally agree though, you see so much more from the stadium than you do on TV. I love going to games.