Author Topic: The OFFICIAL AHA 4M's NFL BULL SH$%^&TER'S THREAD!  (Read 51828 times)

Offline repo

• Brewer
  • San Diego CA
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL AHA 4M's NFL BULL SH$%^&TER'S THREAD!
« Reply #540 on: January 21, 2013, 10:51:18 AM »
I was thrilled to see the cheater Belichick lose today, but was disappointed to see the likely murderer Lewis win.  With the evil 9ers in the game in two weeks, I am hoping for a 0-0 tie that goes on for no less than 462 overtimes before the NFL declares the game over with no Lombardi trophy awarded this year.  Screw those guys.

Well, I'm glad life is so morally unambiguous for you :-P

This old thing again.  I know OJ and all makes true Americans angry, but I'll address this once, and only once.  Ray's "friends" who were on trial were shown to have bought the knives used in the murder.  The "victims" were a group of thugs who started the fight, hit someone over the head with a bottle, and had a gun and fired shots during the fight.  And, most importantly, Ray has never had friends like that since or been involved in an incident.  If you believe that incarceration is a chance at rehabilitation, then you should take a look at this case.

But whatever, it's a game, and it's a game that the Ravens have played very well for the past few weeks.  I am for one enjoying it.

Well put, it's amazing how many people never followed through the whole story on Ray.  Somewhat funny Tom should be calling anyone a cheat- what with Pete Carroll at the helm, players suspended for ped's and that 12th man they need to win. ::)

Offline bluesman

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Delaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 21, 2013, 10:58:46 AM »
Happy to see a Delaware player (Joe Flacco) get a chance to play in a SB. He has certainly earned it. I'd like to see the Ravens win this one.
Ron Price

Online garc_mall

• Brewmaster
  • [1892.9, 294.9deg] AR Lynnwood, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 21, 2013, 11:05:31 AM »
There is absolutely nothing about the 12th Man that is cheating, unless you consider it cheating that we love our team more than you guys.
In a Keg: Flanders Red Ale, Rye Altbier, Cascade/Topaz Pale
Fermenting: Flanders Red, Saison

Offline theDarkSide

• Brewmaster General
  • Derry, NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 21, 2013, 11:55:21 AM »
There is absolutely nothing about the 12th Man that is cheating, unless you consider it cheating that we love our team more than you guys.

That is one thing about being a season ticket holder for the Patriots that bothers me somewhat.  Our crowd noise isn't anything great.  We have our moments and can get loud but never sustain it. 

But never believe that we fans don't love our sports teams more than you.

Now when the pump fan noise through the PA system, that's should be considered cheating.
Sergeant - BNArmy Member
AHA Member
Seacoast Homebrew Club Member
https://www.facebook.com/SeacoastHomebrewClub
Stephen M.
------------------------------------------------

Online garc_mall

• Brewmaster
  • [1892.9, 294.9deg] AR Lynnwood, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 21, 2013, 12:03:56 PM »
As a season ticket holder for the Seahawks, I know that we don't pump in noise. 3/4 of the noise is just straight up loud and disciplined fans. The other 1/4 is the fact that the stadium design focuses fan noise down on the field (to make up for the lack of a roof). We are LOUD. That is the reason the Seahawks have the best Home Field advantage in the NFL.
In a Keg: Flanders Red Ale, Rye Altbier, Cascade/Topaz Pale
Fermenting: Flanders Red, Saison

Offline theDarkSide

• Brewmaster General
  • Derry, NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 21, 2013, 12:21:21 PM »
Some games I wish we had a roof...I've been to some pretty nasty games, but it is an advantage for NE when playing some teams late in the year ( cough cough Miami cough cough  ;) )

Also, just to be clear, I was not implying that the Seahawks used this tactic...but some teams have in the past.  I believe the Redskins were just accused of it this year, but I don't know what came of that.

In the end, a pretty disappointing season (I know it makes all those haters feel good ), but at least the Giants, Steelers, and especially the Jets didn't make it either.  I think I gotta pull for the 49'ers in this Superbowl, though...

On the bright side, now all those Patriots can go to the ProBowl now  ;D

Sergeant - BNArmy Member
AHA Member
Stephen M.

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 21, 2013, 12:25:07 PM »
I was thrilled to see the cheater Belichick lose today, but was disappointed to see the likely murderer Lewis win.  With the evil 9ers in the game in two weeks, I am hoping for a 0-0 tie that goes on for no less than 462 overtimes before the NFL declares the game over with no Lombardi trophy awarded this year.  Screw those guys.

Well, I'm glad life is so morally unambiguous for you :-P

This old thing again.  I know OJ and all makes true Americans angry, but I'll address this once, and only once.  Ray's "friends" who were on trial were shown to have bought the knives used in the murder.  The "victims" were a group of thugs who started the fight, hit someone over the head with a bottle, and had a gun and fired shots during the fight.  And, most importantly, Ray has never had friends like that since or been involved in an incident.  If you believe that incarceration is a chance at rehabilitation, then you should take a look at this case.

But whatever, it's a game, and it's a game that the Ravens have played very well for the past few weeks.  I am for one enjoying it.

Well put, it's amazing how many people never followed through the whole story on Ray.  Somewhat funny Tom should be calling anyone a cheat- what with Pete Carroll at the helm, players suspended for ped's and that 12th man they need to win. ::)
I honestly don't care one way or another about Lewis, but it's sure to rile up Ravens fans.  And I don't like the Ravens. :)

I'm not a big Seahwaks fan either - sure, I like to see them win since they're the local team, but I don't care that much when they lose.  It would be cool to feel excitement of having the local team go to the SB again though.

And yeah Belichick's a proven cheater so I don't know why anyone would defend him.
"This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid long-standing rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field," Goodell said in a letter to the Patriots.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline repo

• Brewer
  • San Diego CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 21, 2013, 12:46:46 PM »
Not at all defending Bellicheat, should have his titles vacated, like hmm,,,  Pete Carroll.  Just the pot in Seattle calling the kettle in New England black.

Offline theDarkSide

• Brewmaster General
  • Derry, NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 21, 2013, 01:10:00 PM »
And yeah Belichick's a proven cheater so I don't know why anyone would defend him.

Wow...good thing we got that squared away.  So glad this guy has been suspended, banned from football, and not going to be allowed into the HOF.  ::)

Maybe we should take a look at the evidence again just to make sure..oh yeah, the NFL destroyed it.  What are they hiding?

So how do you feel about scouts who go to opponents games the week before, and take notes on plays, signals, situations...all done legally in the eyes of the NFL (the same NFL that said Belichick did not use the video during any game currently being played and that they didn't even try to hide the guy videotaping ).  Seems to me it was an intepretation of the rules (albeit a bad one ).  Not to mention the run they went on after the scandal broke and were under the microscope.

I know I'm never going to change your mind or anyone else's, just as you won't change mine, so I'm officially done with it. 
Sergeant - BNArmy Member
AHA Member
Stephen M.

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 21, 2013, 01:28:01 PM »
Not at all defending Bellicheat, should have his titles vacated, like hmm,,,  Pete Carroll.  Just the pot in Seattle calling the kettle in New England black.
If Carroll is a cheater (I don't really pay attention to college football so I only vaguely know the stories) then he's a cheater too.  I have no problem with that - I'm not a Carroll fan and am not defending him.

And just because I live in the area don't associate me with the local team.  I like the Seahawks on the same level I like the Packers, Bears, Bucs, and a few other teams - usually because they have some player or two that I like (happy to see them do well), and in the case of the Seahawks because they are local (happy for my friends who are fans).  But I don't go out of my way to watch them and I don't really care about the outcome of their games.  If they win, "that's nice", if they lose, "that's too bad".
Tom Schmidlin

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 21, 2013, 01:41:08 PM »
Seems to me it was an intepretation of the rules (albeit a bad one ).
It is hard to call it a misinterpretation of the rules.
NFL rules state "no video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game."

Also, you might want to take another look at the evidence but they have a confession:
Belichick, however, accepted full responsibility "for the actions that led to tonight's ruling. Once again, I apologize to the Kraft family and every person directly or indirectly associated with the New England Patriots for the embarrassment, distraction and penalty my mistake caused."

Part of what irritates me so much about the Belichick cheating is that he was not sufficiently punished.  He should have been suspended, and whether or not the cheating affected the outcome of the game, the win should have been vacated.  It is totally unacceptable to me that it wasn't, and for that I blame Goodell.

And personally, he would never get my vote for the HOF.  Lucky for him that so many people are willing to give him a pass.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline pinnah

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Wesloper, CO
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 21, 2013, 09:59:55 PM »

Put me in the hater category; it eases my disappointment. ;)

I did not mind Shannon Sharpe ripping the Hoodie Belicheck for being a sore loser either. 
No class.  Football genius...OK.  But no class.

Offline redbeerman

• Senior Brewmaster
  • On the banks of the mighty Susquehanna
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 22, 2013, 06:06:49 AM »
Happy to see a Delaware player (Joe Flacco) get a chance to play in a SB. He has certainly earned it. I'd like to see the Ravens win this one.

Being a UD alum (BS/MBA), I agree.  Joe has actually started playing pretty well and having Boldin as a weapon sure didn't hurt.  The whole team played well IMO.
CH3CH2OH - Without it, life itself would be impossible.

[441, 112.1deg] AR

Jim

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life.
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 22, 2013, 08:05:05 AM »
Ha!  Only two teams won't be watching the game on TV.  Neither one comes from Foxborough.

At least the Dolphins didn't choke on the money ball (cough, cough) and blow a perfect season in the Super Bowl.  :-*
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline theDarkSide

• Brewmaster General
  • Derry, NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 22, 2013, 08:15:40 AM »
Ha!  Only two teams won't be watching the game on TV.  Neither one comes from Foxborough.

At least the Dolphins didn't choke on the money ball (cough, cough) and blow a perfect season in the Super Bowl.  :-*

I still think they should have tested David Tyree's helmet for stick em'  ;D
Sergeant - BNArmy Member
AHA Member
Stephen M.