Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Alton Brown BBQ Special  (Read 2651 times)

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
Alton Brown BBQ Special
« on: September 19, 2011, 09:26:39 am »
"RIght on Q" came out a few months ago but has yet to hit youtube. Anybody tape it that could send me a copy/file? Food Network doesn't have channel options in Europe so I have no way to actually watch this short of waiting for someone to post it to youtube.
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
Re: Alton Brown BBQ Special
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 10:26:01 am »
Haven't had an opportunity to tape  the AB BBQ Special. Have you checked out any of The Primal Grill series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGpQg6DWvAY
Ron Price

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 12:46:47 pm »
Another first for me. AB has a new show? Must watch.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 08:53:29 pm »
I saw the show, but already deleted it from my DVR, sorry Phil.  I thought it was pretty good, and I learned a thing or two (about AB's opinion on good BBQ).
Tom Schmidlin

Offline vista

• Assistant Brewer
  • Orange, CT
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 07:53:17 am »
Haven't had an opportunity to tape  the AB BBQ Special. Have you checked out any of The Primal Grill series.

...woah
Take it easy...

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 09:11:56 am »

Good show, but Raichlin is painful to watch in camera.  He's so awkward that you feel sorry for the guy.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 10:29:43 am »

Good show, but Raichlin is painful to watch in camera.  He's so awkward that you feel sorry for the guy.

I never really thought about it but you make a good point..He's definitely not a Guy Fieri.
Ron Price

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 11:06:49 am »

I never really thought about it but you make a good point..He's definitely not a Guy Fieri.

Haha He just doesn't make the moves an experienced cook would. Fumbles with the food- prods at it when basting, placing items so they fall through the grate etc... Admittedly, I would like to be there to try his Q and other dishes! ;D
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline nicneufeld

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 01:16:54 pm »
I'm a bit of a Raichlen devotee, and I love how much he strays from usual cuisines.  Great teacher I think, certainly a great writer of recipe books, in that so many of my grilled or smoked recipes started from a kernel of one of his, but I'll admit he has a funny on-screen persona.  For some reason I enjoy taking things he says with a healthy amount of double entendre...I mean, as much as he talks about rubbing, err, meat, and then his mantra of "keeping it hot, clean, and lubricated", I mean, he just walks right into that stuff!   ;D

I've never had cable TV, so I wouldn't know Alton Brown from...a thing that is not Alton Brown.

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 04:09:21 pm »
I like that Raichlen isn't the average TV slickster. Real peeps.
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member