Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Sam Adams Infinium  (Read 6974 times)

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Re: Sam Adams Infinium
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2010, 11:53:43 pm »
For some reason it has stuck in my head that a bottle of Infinium was $20. I hope it's $13!
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2010, 05:52:51 am »
20 beans in my neck of the woods
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2010, 08:48:04 am »
20 beans in my neck of the woods

+1

Me too.
Ron Price

Offline euge

• I must live here
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2010, 03:21:11 pm »
Just got two bottles that I will probably try on Christmas if I can keep my hands off of them!

Don't know why they are cheaper. I found them at Whole Foods. I was curtly told "sold out" at the the other place.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2010, 06:26:37 am »
Pretty good brew. I served it up in a Duvel tulip with the etched "D" bottom. Very malt centered, no real presence of hops. The aroma was fruity, strawberries and pineapple came to mind. Lots of caramel aromatics and flavor. Alcohol warming post consumption and although it has a high level of carbonation, it does not have what I think of as a Champagne character. A nice beer, perhaps a bit on the high end in terms of price, but still a nice beer.

FWIW - I couldn't find much in common with Deus.
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

Offline euge

• I must live here
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2010, 10:34:25 am »
I enjoyed it. At times it had an interesting roasty character to go along with the dried fruit flavors I got. But I served it in a flute-glass. The finish is nearly wine-like. Overall very drinkable and elegant.

Still have another for New Years.

Offline euge

• I must live here
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2011, 11:25:07 pm »
Not as good this year to bring in 2012. :-\

This one's sweet and syrupy. I remember last year's being drier and more champagne-like. Not exactly but not cloyingly sweet like this bottle. Oh what does one expect for $14?

Happy New year everybody! Best of luck! ;D

Offline alcaponejunior

• Brewer
  • Latest creation: Big Smash Saturday
    • alcaponejunior.wordpress.com
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2012, 03:35:02 pm »
This is a spoiler review so quit reading if you don't want to know what it's like.  It's not too shabby and not even close to what I was expecting.  Should have know since it follows the m,h,w,y rule.  I'd say it's like a non-viscous Salvator (I know, wrong brewery) with med-high carbonation.  Deep dark caramelized (fruits, the wife says citrus too) with a touch of peppery spice in the nose.  It does indeed have a bit of a lighter body than the aroma would make you think but I'm sure the extra carbonation doesn't hurt.  Nice apple skin and slight peach aftertaste.  Not like Dues in any way; slightly less carbonation.  Pretty good.

I got to try this recently at a tasting, and I agree with this description (better than I could have said lol).  It's tasty and certainly worthy of a NYE party.  I wouldn't personally rate the beer much higher than a "B,"  but yeah, if you don't mind dropping twenty bucks, give it a try.

Offline dean

• Brewmaster
  • Me and Hayden, my newest grandson.
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2012, 03:52:49 pm »
$24 out the door here... I can't justify spending that much cash on a brew thats only 10%.  If it were near 20% I wouldn't  have a problem but its just a normal size brew for me.  I really like SA's RIS... great stuff.  Their Alpine Spring isn't bad for a light beer either, pretty good actually... but more of a chic beer.  jmo....

Offline madscientist

• Brewer
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2012, 02:09:05 pm »

This one's sweet and syrupy. I remember last year's being drier and more champagne-like. Not exactly but not cloyingly sweet like this bottle. Oh what does one expect for $14?

Never had it last year, but sweet and syrupy is what I got as well.  I cracked open my bottle finally on Super Bowl Sunday.  I was not impressed at all.  I couldn't drink more than a glass. 
Homebrewed since 2010

Offline euge

• I must live here
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2012, 02:58:42 pm »

Never had it last year, but sweet and syrupy is what I got as well.  I cracked open my bottle finally on Super Bowl Sunday.  I was not impressed at all.  I couldn't drink more than a glass. 

Had to make myself to finish a glass and managed to force the cork back into the bottle. Drank the rest of it the next day. Unpleasant. Reminded me of their Triple-bock, which was disgusting when I had it in the 90's.

They lost me and I won't buy Infinium again.