Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Finally happened.  (Read 6189 times)

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
Finally happened.
« on: September 25, 2011, 02:01:02 pm »
 Mrs Weaze finally got the boot from her job after near 13 years. Bossman said he just can't afford her anymore. She is really down in the dumps. I told her to enjoy it. Take some well deserved time, and suckle the teat of government cheese. She earned it. She has twelve years as a licensed insurance agent. She will have no problem finding work when she is ready, even in Idaho. Sure sucks to see her so dowwn in the dumps though.
 But, on an unrelated note, she finally got a butt hat! Call them trashy if you want, but they drive me crazy!!  ;D
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline EHall

• Brewmaster
Re: Finally happened.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 02:10:50 pm »
Butt Hat 
 A tattoo on the lower back, usually on a female which is prominently displayed in public by wearing low-cut hip-hugger pants.

Urban legend has it that this is a signal to male suitors that she very willingly does "anal".

We call em 'tramp stamps' in my parts... ain't nutin wrong with them.

Phoenix, AZ

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 02:28:20 pm »
I feel a mod edit coming on...   ;)
Weaze: sorry to hear it and glad to hear it.  ;D
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline bo

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 09:36:58 pm »
There is nothing that turns me off more that a tattoo on a woman. Well, to be fair on a man too, but that should probably be in another forum. 

Just saying.

Offline dhacker

• Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 05:30:13 am »
There is nothing that turns me off more that a tattoo on a woman.
Just saying.

Hear Hear!
Just brew it...

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 05:38:50 am »
My wife just landed another job after being handed a layoff slip (she was a contractor with Nasa and you know how that's going right now). She interviewed 7 or 8 times before finding a job. Market is tight out there. Good news is, she got a raise!

Sucks being laid off though, regardless. best wishes to your better half's future success.

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 06:56:49 am »
Sorry to hear it man.  Not a fan of tats on women much either.  A couple is okay, but it's a little too masculine (maybe that's not the word I'm looking for...) when they have full sleeves, etc.  The tramp stamp depends on the girl though for me.  If my girlfriend had one, I don't know what I'd think.  She doesn't seem like that kinda girl...
Jesse

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 08:45:25 am »
I got laid off six years ago.  My employer was pissed when he discovered that I had started my own business four months earlier.  One of the best things that have happened to me.  It put my business developement on the front burner.  I've been taking business away from my former employer ever since by doing a better job at a fair price, instead of gouging.

I'm not a fan of tatoos either.  But hey, it looks good on you...   :-\
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 09:17:08 am »
Yes...getting laid off is a terrible thing but also can open new doors. I wish the best for your wife. Good Luck!
Ron Price

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 10:51:39 am »
Not good to get laid off. Laid... well that's another matter. :D

+1 Another door will open. That is for sure. So Holly should enjoy herself for however long it takes for here to get bored and ready to return to work. Best of luck on that.

Tramp-stamps. That's what we call'em down here. And just about everyone seems to have tattoos. I especially don't like them on the face, neck or upper chest. Since I help treat gang-members and people at the poverty level I get to see some doozies out of the barrio- like the "Ricardo" in staggering 3" high gothic letters emblazoned across some already unattractive chick's sternum for every one to see since her breasts are also nearly falling out of her low cut blouse. I could go on and on but you probably get the point.

And I don't understand tramp-stamps anyway. Why would one want a tattoo where you gotta crane your neck around while looking into a mirror backwards?

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2011, 01:24:10 pm »
Sorry to hear about your wife's situation.  As others have said, it will work out.

I never understood tattoos on anyone really.  Like Euge, I don't mind ones I can't see.  I wonder what all these tats will look like in 30 years. I'm thinking I should invest in long sleeve and turtleneck companies, they'll likely be quite a market for them.  :D

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2011, 06:17:09 pm »
Not good to get laid off. Laid... well that's another matter. :D

+1 Another door will open. That is for sure. So Holly should enjoy herself for however long it takes for here to get bored and ready to return to work. Best of luck on that.

Tramp-stamps. That's what we call'em down here. And just about everyone seems to have tattoos. I especially don't like them on the face, neck or upper chest. Since I help treat gang-members and people at the poverty level I get to see some doozies out of the barrio- like the "Ricardo" in staggering 3" high gothic letters emblazoned across some already unattractive chick's sternum for every one to see since her breasts are also nearly falling out of her low cut blouse. I could go on and on but you probably get the point.

And I don't understand tramp-stamps anyway. Why would one want a tattoo where you gotta crane your neck around while looking into a mirror backwards?

I think it's more for the person on the giving end of the aforementioned "activity"...  :D
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2011, 06:24:53 pm »
Sorry weaze. :-\ I hope no offense on that. I just think someone would like to see their own tats so base of the back is an awkward place. If it's for a partner then who am I judge?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 06:32:23 pm by euge »
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2011, 07:01:44 pm »
No offense taken. to each his own. I happen to think Tramp stamps are hot. Some guys don't. It's what makes the world go round.  8)
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline thirsty

• Brewer
  • Brewster, NY
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2011, 07:12:33 pm »
Sorry to hear about the layoff, but I'm sure she'll get something else soon.

Here in the NYC area, almost every woman I know under 40 has one of those tats. No biggie. It seems to be the modern version of getting your ears pierced.