Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Keg Availability  (Read 5267 times)

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
Re: Keg Availability
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, 07:56:53 pm »
I've got 8 and I don't really have a need for more at this point in time.  But given the diminishing supply and rising prices I'm tempted to pick up a few more while I can get them at $40 a pop.

+1

I'll be buying some this week. It's a dying breed. I figure the price will continue to rise.
Ron Price

Offline ckpash88

• Brewer
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2011, 09:02:02 pm »
I hear bottling is pretty cheap ;D
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the Universe

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 09:22:32 pm »
I have about a dozen, mixed between pin lock and ball lock, and I don't think I paid for any of them. 8)

+1

About 1992 soda dispensers went from C-kegs to the bagged stuff.  The 7-11 store near my friend's pool room in Winter Park, FL had 20 ball locks sitting out in the dumpster enclosure.  The manager of the store said Pepsi had not come by to remove them, so she gave me permission to take them, or she was putting them into the dumpster.  I loaded them into my pickup and put them to good use.  I've given half of them away since then.  The others are still in service.
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2011, 12:03:10 am »
I have sixteen plus a 2.5 & 3.0. The first two were in good condition but the others I got are varying in condition. This is all I'll ever need and usually at most 4 are in use at any given time. Time to get busy and fill some now that the cool weather is approaching. ;D Also though have watched the price go up over the years.

These guys used to have some of the cheapest kegs and would sell them in huge lots. Where I got most of mine. Now it's like WTF!?

Though, the refurbished 10g for $169 might make a good fermenter.

I dunno I may be weird but I have 5 kegs with the whole set up tap and tank and mini fridge and I want to go back to bottling. But I Have been debating selling my equipment for kegging but all I could get for it like 100 bucks and I payed over 450 for it.

Duuude. Keep them. They don't take up much space. Bottles take up a lot of space. Stash your kegs and bottle all you want- you'll regret parting with the setup. Promise. ;)
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2011, 10:51:22 am »
I hear bottling is pretty cheap ;D

It's way too labor intensive for me but to each his own. ;)
Ron Price

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2011, 12:17:01 pm »
The price is sue to the supply drying up, and the high growth rate of the hobby.

My LHBS has a bunch in teh warehouse, but when those are gone, they are gone.

I have 19 of the 5 gallon and 1 2.5 gallon.  If you get into aging historic beers and brewing lagers, you need some kegs!  Migh have ot pick up a few more soon.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!