Tonight I just took a Point&Shoot camera and pushed its lens onto the eye piece. It worked surprisingly well:
These are cells from a WLP833 yeast starter at 400x on a hemacytomter. I didn't take a pic of the small grid which I use for counting since I wanted to include a non-viable cell. That cell stained blue with methylene blue. Almost all of the cells in the sample were alive and I had to search for a dead one.
While the quality works for posts here it is not as nice as I want it. Especially the outer regions are blurry.
No "things" in this sample though.
Correction: the width between the two grid lines shown is 0.25 mm and not 0.2 mm.