Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: sanitized water  (Read 4242 times)

Offline andylovesburritos

• Cellarman
Re: sanitized water
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2011, 10:08:29 am »
sorry i forgot to mention that i'm not pulling directly from the tap... i know better than that, i just bought an RO system with a UV light attachment and that is where my original question comes into play. is an RO system with an attached UV light sanitary enough for racking and/or bottling?

i didn't consider oxogen in the water though...

Offline richardt

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2011, 10:39:40 am »
Once it leaves the realm of the UV light, everything downstream is a potential source of contamination unless regularly cleaned and sanitized which I doubt that it is.

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2011, 12:17:52 pm »
sorry i forgot to mention that i'm not pulling directly from the tap... i know better than that, i just bought an RO system with a UV light attachment and that is where my original question comes into play. is an RO system with an attached UV light sanitary enough for racking and/or bottling?

i didn't consider oxogen in the water though...

I'm guessing your RO/UV treated water is delivered at your sink via a gooseneck spigot.  It will be fine to top up with that water. 
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline andylovesburritos

• Cellarman
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2011, 03:11:24 pm »
I'm guessing your RO/UV treated water is delivered at your sink via a gooseneck spigot.  It will be fine to top up with that water. 

that is correct, thank you.