Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: ingredients  (Read 2082 times)

Offline dannyj621

• Cellarman
  • humble beginnings
ingredients
« on: January 12, 2010, 03:26:21 pm »
im looking to make a white ale after my dubble anyone point me in the right direction
when in rome we shall do as the romans.  When in hell we'll take shots at the bar

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
Re: ingredients
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 07:00:48 pm »
Sorry, I never brewed one. I assume you are talking about a Wit. What about a kit from either Northern Brewer or More Beer?

Offline yaleterrace

• Cellarman
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 09:57:37 am »
gotta just throw this out there -- no bad energy intended.  stay away from kits!  if you're taking the time to brew your own beer, really own it!

Offline ndcube

• Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 10:46:55 am »
gotta just throw this out there -- no bad energy intended.  stay away from kits!  if you're taking the time to brew your own beer, really own it!

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that.  There are some pretty dang good recipes out there that are fun to make.

Offline dhacker

• Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 10:53:57 am »

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that.  There are some pretty dang good recipes out there that are fun to make.

Agreed. The reputable dealers do a pretty good job of building a nice recipe. Why wouldn't they?  ??? I learned long ago how to formulate my own recipes by buying kits and making/ taking notes. I still buy kits on occasion when I want to sample something I've not brewed before, or something newly introduced that piques my interest.
Just brew it...