Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Beer Thirty  (Read 4254 times)

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Beer Thirty
« on: October 05, 2011, 01:34:22 pm »
Off on hump day. I got up at 1100. Did a few chores. Making Bean soup and browsing the web. Have not eaten a bite all day. But! Must check carbonation in new keg.

Beer Thirty wins. Despite not having eaten that beer went down good. Gonna pull another.

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
Re: Beer Thirty
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 02:00:38 pm »
i am a big fan of having a beer on saturday or sunday morning. 7-8 am, throwing eggs, sausage, taters.....mmmmm beer
Don AHA member

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 02:19:43 pm »
Lucky you!  I'm doing 3 18 hour days in a row.  No time for beer til late Fri.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline davidgzach

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 02:25:19 pm »
As far as I'm concerned, it's 5:00 somewhere!   ;)
Dave Zach

Offline euge

• I must live here
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 02:33:06 pm »
I might not be off until next tues though. :-\ That sucks Denny. Three 18's in a row! Hope you get paid overtime. ;D Normally I don't have a drop before midnight due to my schedule.

I don't have to do anything but relax and read today. Maybe accomplish a few things...

And get drunk.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 02:46:50 pm »
Three 18's in a row! Hope you get paid overtime

Indeed I do.  AND I get to see Blue Man Group 3 nights in a row while getting paid to be there!  But it's a LOT of work.....

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline euge

• I must live here
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 02:50:14 pm »
Three 18's in a row! Hope you get paid overtime

Indeed I do.  AND I get to see Blue Man Group 3 nights in a row while getting paid to be there!  But it's a LOT of work.....

That's cool. I'm interested to know if they are the same each performance.

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 02:53:04 pm »
Get CRUNK!

Jesse

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 02:55:15 pm »
That's cool. I'm interested to know if they are the same each performance.

4 "Blue Men" travel with each show and 3 perform each night on a rotating basis.  If you ever get a chance to see the show, you shouldn't miss it.  I've been in the biz a LONG time and it's one of the most impressive shows I've ever seen.

Enjoy your time off!

www.dennybrew.com

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 03:39:34 pm »
Beer Thirty is typically about 7pm on Friday night as of lately. This weekend it will likely be the same. I have two gigs, one Friday night and another Sat. night. I usually have one beer per set. Of course it all depends on where I'm performing. If they have any decent craft beer...I'm in.  :)
Ron Price

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 03:41:05 pm »
Lucky you!  I'm doing 3 18 hour days in a row.  No time for beer til late Fri.

That's a lot of hours...but at least there's some reward at the end of the day, in addition to the money of course.
Ron Price

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 03:45:20 pm »
Beer Thirty is typically about 7pm on Friday night as of lately. This weekend it will likely be the same. I have two gigs, one Friday night and another Sat. night. I usually have one beer per set. Of course it all depends on where I'm performing. If they have any decent craft beer...I'm in.  :)

Man, believe it or not, I remember those nights! 

www.dennybrew.com

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2011, 08:36:34 pm »

Man, believe it or not, I remember those nights! 

You could always break out the Ukulele along with a VBIP...and reminisce.  :)
Ron Price

Offline fatdogale

• Assistant Brewer
  • Lynnwood, WA
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2011, 09:42:22 pm »

4 "Blue Men" travel with each show and 3 perform each night on a rotating basis.  If you ever get a chance to see the show, you shouldn't miss it.  I've been in the biz a LONG time and it's one of the most impressive shows I've ever seen.

That's good to hear Denny - taking the family to see 'em in Seattle next Thursday.  First time for all of us.
I was excited to go before - now I'm really stoked!
John Childs

Offline Pinski

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Portland, Oregon
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2011, 10:07:26 pm »
On Sunday mornings after we polish of the pot of coffee, I like to give my cup a good rinse (or two) with my Billy Shakes Oatmeal Stout.  mmmmmmmm.
Steve Carper
Green Dragon Brewers
Clubs: Oregon Brew Crew & Strange Brew
BJCP Certified