Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Beer Thirty  (Read 4222 times)

Offline rabid_dingo

• Brewmaster
  • Brighton, CO :D
    • Mile High Monks
Re: Beer Thirty
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2011, 11:26:53 pm »
That's cool. I'm interested to know if they are the same each performance.

4 "Blue Men" travel with each show and 3 perform each night on a rotating basis.  If you ever get a chance to see the show, you shouldn't miss it.  I've been in the biz a LONG time and it's one of the most impressive shows I've ever seen.

Enjoy your time off!
My sister got me tickets a few years back. A fantastic show.

Although I felt a bit cheated. They offered a bunch of their songs
for free download and I had them all for several years by the time I saw the show.
So it seemed like an old show to me...Extremely entertaining, but I was hoping to
see new songs...Kind of like when a group tours to promote the new album...

And dont get me wrong, it really was a great show.
Ruben * Colorado :)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2011, 09:43:42 am »
You could always break out the Ukulele along with a VBIP...and reminisce.  :)

I'm not quite sure I want to relive those 5 set, 9 PM-2 AM gigs!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2011, 09:45:46 am »
That's good to hear Denny - taking the family to see 'em in Seattle next Thursday.  First time for all of us.
I was excited to go before - now I'm really stoked!

Oh, man, you're gonna love it!  The finale with the giant color changing balloons floating through the audience is one of the coolest things I've ever seen.  A tip though...if you're sitting in the first few rows, wear old clothes and a poncho!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline bo

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2011, 10:35:23 am »
I guess you have to be there to enjoy it. I saw a Blue Men show on TV and after 30 minutes I was bored with it. I mentioned about going to one of their shows in Vegas and my wife shot it down. My son had seen one and he said that while it was fun he'd never go to another one. To each their own, I guess.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 10:44:31 am by bo »

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2011, 10:54:43 am »
I guess you have to be there to enjoy it. I saw a Blue Men show on TV and after 30 minutes I was bored with it. I mentioned about going to one of their shows in Vegas and my wife shot it down. My son had seen one and he said that while it was fun he'd never go to another one. To each their own, I guess.

I guess.  I saw them on TV years back and loved them. I've seen them on TV several times since and always been impressed with their artistry, humor, and technology.  The live show just reinforced that.

www.dennybrew.com

Offline fatdogale

• Assistant Brewer
  • Lynnwood, WA
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2011, 01:11:09 pm »
That's good to hear Denny - taking the family to see 'em in Seattle next Thursday.  First time for all of us.
I was excited to go before - now I'm really stoked!

Oh, man, you're gonna love it!  The finale with the giant color changing balloons floating through the audience is one of the coolest things I've ever seen.  A tip though...if you're sitting in the first few rows, wear old clothes and a poncho!

The Paramount made mention of ponchos on the ticket sales site, and I think they were providing them to the first 2 or 3 rows, though I could be remembering wrong.
John Childs

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2011, 01:36:42 pm »
The Paramount made mention of ponchos on the ticket sales site, and I think they were providing them to the first 2 or 3 rows, though I could be remembering wrong.

They cover the seats in the first few rows and provide ponchos for those people.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 05:47:57 pm by denny »

www.dennybrew.com

Offline vista

• Assistant Brewer
  • Orange, CT
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2011, 05:07:41 pm »
saw them a few years back in nyc. sat in the first couple of rows. i laughed, i was awed, and wanted to go with everyone i knew just to see their reaction. what a great show. i'm not sure tv could really do it justice. the venue was smaller too, not like a big vegas show...i thought that added to it.
Take it easy...