Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Anyone here stock up on hops this time of year...  (Read 12127 times)

Offline davidgzach

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Anyone here stock up on hops this time of year...
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2011, 06:30:28 am »
My fridge may not quite look like Blatz's, but it is really nice to see 3 pounds of hops in there!   :)
Dave Zach

Offline rep

• Cellarman
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2011, 07:43:45 am »
I began buying base grain in bulk a few years ago.  Then, I started purchasing hops by the pound and now have  a decent supply, and yes, I just ordered three more pounds.

I use rice hulls and just bought a gazillion pounds.  I got a good deal on Star San awhile back.

My point is once you begin looking at the value of bulk and group purchases you can get ahead of the brewing cycle and begin to expand into other areas of the consumables.
Wear Wool, Sit on Leather, Ride Lugged Steel

Offline davidgzach

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2011, 07:50:34 am »
I began buying base grain in bulk a few years ago.  Then, I started purchasing hops by the pound and now have  a decent supply, and yes, I just ordered three more pounds.

I use rice hulls and just bought a gazillion pounds.  I got a good deal on Star San awhile back.

My point is once you begin looking at the value of bulk and group purchases you can get ahead of the brewing cycle and begin to expand into other areas of the consumables.

Care to divulge your StarSan contact?  I'm in on that!  Bulk grain buying to come.  I just need to clean out the boiler room first......
Dave Zach

Offline brewmichigan

• Brewer
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2011, 08:05:24 am »
Hopsdirect has released some of their 2011 crop in pellets on their website today. Among those listed... Amarillo, Centennial, Chinook, Citra. Get 'em while you can.

Amarillo and Chinook ordered!! 

Looks like the Citra is gone now. Got me some Amarillo and Centennial.

Shoot, I was trying to be good and not order while I was still at work. That was fast!

I was trying to do the same but when I saw citra was already gone I had to pull the trigger just in case my centennial was lost! My wife wasn't quite as excited.
Mike --- Flint, Michigan