Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Happy Columbus Day !  (Read 4666 times)

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
Re: Happy Columbus Day !
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2011, 02:34:27 pm »
Veteran's day in on a Friday, so I will  raise a pint to all veterans at 11 minutes and 11 seconds after 11 PM on 11/11/11.
It's a holiday - might as well start at 11:11:11 AM on 11/11/11.  I should be brewing that day, and I'm going to have to break my rule about drinking while brewing. :)
Tom Schmidlin

Offline bo

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2011, 02:35:45 pm »
Veteran's day in on a Friday, so I will  raise a pint to all veterans at 11 minutes and 11 seconds after 11 PM on 11/11/11.
It's a holiday - might as well start at 11:11:11 AM on 11/11/11.  I should be brewing that day, and I'm going to have to break my rule about drinking while brewing. :)

Not a holiday for me. :(

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2011, 02:48:37 pm »
When I worked in Germany, I thought they had it right.  They had May 1 off, and just about every obscure Christian holiday.  You had a lot of time off when the weather was nice in the spring.

As for Veterans Day,  I remember when I was a kid many still called it Armistice Day.

I've always admired the Germans for that.  It seems they can't go two weeks without having a fest for one reason or another.  I like that a lot!

Life is short.  Be happy!

Oh how easy it is to say that...there is WAY too much wrong in the world to be happy.
Jesse

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2011, 04:02:33 pm »
Veteran's day in on a Friday, so I will  raise a pint to all veterans at 11 minutes and 11 seconds after 11 PM on 11/11/11.
It's a holiday - might as well start at 11:11:11 AM on 11/11/11.  I should be brewing that day, and I'm going to have to break my rule about drinking while brewing. :)

Sounds like you need to sneak out to your car around 11 AM :)
Tom Schmidlin

Offline punatic

• Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2011, 04:23:51 pm »
When I worked in Germany, I thought they had it right.  They had May 1 off, and just about every obscure Christian holiday.  You had a lot of time off when the weather was nice in the spring.

As for Veterans Day,  I remember when I was a kid many still called it Armistice Day.

I've always admired the Germans for that.  It seems they can't go two weeks without having a fest for one reason or another.  I like that a lot!

Oh how easy it is to say that...there is WAY too much wrong in the world to be happy.

There ya go. 

Life's short. Be miserable. 
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline bo

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2011, 05:09:22 pm »
Veteran's day in on a Friday, so I will  raise a pint to all veterans at 11 minutes and 11 seconds after 11 PM on 11/11/11.
It's a holiday - might as well start at 11:11:11 AM on 11/11/11.  I should be brewing that day, and I'm going to have to break my rule about drinking while brewing. :)

Sounds like you need to sneak out to your car around 11 AM :)

I'd probably get caught, but hey, the rest of you guys have fun. :D

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2011, 06:13:22 pm »
I'd probably get caught, but hey, the rest of you guys have fun. :D
I'll be celebrating one way or another.  My wife is leaving for that weekend and taking the kids with her, so I'll have three days to brew and toast veterans to my heart's content. ;D

I'll especially be toasting that it looks like a close family friend will NOT be sent overseas again.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline beersk

• In the night!
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2011, 12:04:30 pm »

There ya go. 

Life's short. Be miserable. 

Not saying I'm miserable, just not blindly happy. 
Jesse

narvin

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2011, 12:44:38 pm »
There ya go.  

Life's short. Be miserable.  Get drunk!

Offline beersk

• In the night!
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2011, 09:32:57 am »
There ya go. 

Life's short. Be miserable.  Get drunk!

Haha, perfect.
Jesse