Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Name My Pub - Finals  (Read 4936 times)

Offline bcnihart

• 1st Kit
Name My Pub - Finals
« on: January 13, 2010, 01:15:28 pm »
I appreciate all input into the naming of my brewpub and have narrowed it down to three.  The choices are "The Landing", "Reads Landing Brewing Co.", and "Pepin Brewery".  Please post a reply and let me know which one you like best.

Also, once I determine the name, I will be setting up a facebook and twitter page to allow potential customers a chance to follow the progress and grand opening of the pub.  If you would like to be included on as friends or followers, please send me a PM with your email address and I will add your name to my list.  Once opened, I plan to offer spur of the moment deals on food and beer using twitter.

Thanks to everyone that submitted ideas.  
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 01:22:16 pm by bcnihart »

Offline capozzoli

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Lat 40* 6 m. 2.24 s. Long -74* 51 m. 21.75 s.
    • Capozzoli Metalworks
Re: Name My Pub - Finals
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 01:45:58 pm »
I like 'Ye Olde Pube' better than any of those.  :P

J/K Good Luck. Cant wait to see updates.

BTW I am a SS welder and fabricator. I have worked in several breweries and brew pubs.

So if you need someone...have beer will travel.

Beer, its whats for dinner.

http://theholyravioli.blogspot.com/

http:// www.thecapo.us

Offline mikeypedersen

• Brewer
  • Longmont, CO
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 02:06:48 pm »
I think I like the simplicity of "The Landing" the best.

Offline Hokerer

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Manassas, VA
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 02:12:28 pm »
I like "Reads Landing"
Joe

Offline nicneufeld

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 02:23:45 pm »
Pepin (unless it is a local place?) would seem to me to have a slightly ambiguous pronunciation, therefore I think I will go for Reads Landing Brewing Co.  Is it Reads or Read's?

Offline beerocd

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 03:21:08 pm »

BTW I am a SS welder and fabricator.

He welds suplerfuous nipples, in plain sight, always in odd numbers. So anytime you give a tour - someone would say "that's odd" and you could say - "EXACTLY!". He's got a sick sense of humor that way.  ::)

If you expect to go big - I would think more than just The Landing and less localized than Pepin.
The moral majority, is neither.

Offline Thirsty_Monk

• Brewmaster General
  • Eau Claire WI
    • Lazy Monk Brewing
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 08:22:10 pm »
I would go with "Reads Landing Brewing Co."
A lot of breweries are named by geographical location.

I would love to follow the progress but I am not big fan of Facebook or twitter.
Could you do just regular blog?
Something like this:
http://bruery.blogspot.com/
Na Zdravie

Lazy Monk Brewing
http://www.lazymonkbrewing.com

Offline Podo

• Cellarman
  • Korea
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 11:22:09 pm »
I vote for Reads Landing
So good once it hits your lips!

Offline wzl46

• Cellarman
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 05:10:48 am »
Reads Landing.
Yeast infections are only bad when they don't happen to wort.

Offline akr71

• Brewmaster
  • Beer Ain't Drinkin' - Mojo Nixon
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 07:03:58 am »
Reads Landing Brewing Co. gets my vote.

Folks will naturally shorten it to Reads Landing, Reads, or The Landing as you start developing a reputation and get some regulars.

Best of Luck!
Andy

Amherst, NS - Canada

Offline beerocd

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2010, 04:46:33 pm »
Other than owning a building, and having great consensus on the name... what makes you qualified for owning a brewery? This is educational - not a slam or opportunity to tear you down. Why do you think you'll make it?

I voted already, but Reads Landing blah blah blah.....

Offline bcnihart

• 1st Kit
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2010, 09:10:26 pm »
Other than owning a building, and having great consensus on the name... what makes you qualified for owning a brewery? This is educational - not a slam or opportunity to tear you down. Why do you think you'll make it?

I have been in contracting since I graduated from college in 1984.  I have worked for other people and owned my own business.  I have grown tired of that business and realized that life is WAY too short to bust your a$$ doing something that just is not challenging anymore.  My dad did that and worked until he retired at age 65.  Two years later, he died of a heart attack.
While I have some experience with a restaurant, I have a real desire to brew beer and sell it to my customers.  I want to do something that will not only challenge me but give me a sense of fulfillment.  I know that the restaurant business is tough.  I know that beer brewing is hard work.  But there will also be a great reward when I sit down with my customers, tell them about my beer, and hopefully create a customer that will give up his Budweiser crap and see the light of an excellently crafted beer.  If I fail, at least I gave it it my best shot!

Offline beerocd

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2010, 09:19:47 pm »
COOL, best of luck to you!

Offline mikeypedersen

• Brewer
  • Longmont, CO
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 11:48:59 am »

I have been in contracting since I graduated from college in 1984.  I have worked for other people and owned my own business.  I have grown tired of that business and realized that life is WAY too short to bust your a$$ doing something that just is not challenging anymore.  My dad did that and worked until he retired at age 65.  Two years later, he died of a heart attack.
While I have some experience with a restaurant, I have a real desire to brew beer and sell it to my customers.  I want to do something that will not only challenge me but give me a sense of fulfillment.  I know that the restaurant business is tough.  I know that beer brewing is hard work.  But there will also be a great reward when I sit down with my customers, tell them about my beer, and hopefully create a customer that will give up his Budweiser crap and see the light of an excellently crafted beer.  If I fail, at least I gave it it my best shot!

Cool, how long have you been brewing for?

You know everyone on here is jealous....  ;)

Offline bcnihart

• 1st Kit
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2010, 02:56:39 pm »
About 3 years and I love it!