Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: WLP090 San Diego Super Yeast  (Read 10240 times)

Offline jwatkins56550

• Cellarman
Re: WLP090 San Diego Super Yeast
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2011, 08:36:24 pm »
I'd be happier with a WLP655 on steroids.....make my sour beers in half the time!

;D

Offline blatz

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2011, 07:51:57 am »
thanks for the info gmwren.

I bought some last week and plan to use it in a Green Flash IPA clone.  I still plan to pitch at 60 and ferment at 62-64, for much of the reason you commented.  optimum usually means for yeast performance not for the best beer.

I'm most concerned about the high expected attenuation.  Looks to me like liquid US-05...
Glad to hear you're making that Green Flash IPA. Its such a good beer! I'll be trying this yeast on my next batch of GFWCIPA as well. Let us all know how it turns out.

so far, its awesome!  dropped from 1.070 to 1.016 in <10 days and it might be done - can't tell if the backpressure in the airlock is just degassing or if there is still a little activity - will check again on sunday. 

the taste and aroma of the sample was divine - looking forward to this one.
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline blatz

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2011, 07:37:57 am »
update - got down to 14 at kegging, which is perfect for this recipe.

I love this yeast - I can easily see it replacing 001 in the future for me, though I need to try it out on a few other styles to be certain - just a great performer - flocs very well (only in the keg 6 days and is almost brilliant) and is clean/neutral in flavor.  hops really shine through.  could not be happier.
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281