Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What's Brewing This Weekend - 10/14 Edition  (Read 5908 times)

Offline cheba420

• Brewer
  • Can I get a beer up in here?
    • The Beer Research Institute
Re: What's Brewing This Weekend - 10/14 Edition
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2011, 01:06:41 pm »
Well, I've already got my fall seasonals done so I'm going back to the hops! Brewing up a Stone Levitation clone tomorrow. This is probably my favorite session beer. I've never brewed anything this low in alcohol that had so many hops so it should be a fun one. Will also get a starter going for a cider. I make a raspberry cider for my wife every year when the juice becomes available again. It turns out pretty damn awesome.
Matt
Mesa, AZ.

On Tap: Vanilla Porter, Belgian Blonde, Saison, Black IPA, Punkin Porter
Primary: Pale 31 Clone, Raspberry Cider
Secondary: Vanilla Porter
Conditioning: Brett IPA
Bottles:Mosaic Wheat
On Deck: Flanders Red, Berliner weisse, Punkin Saison, Saison Brett

Offline blatz

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2011, 01:58:09 pm »
Well, I've already got my fall seasonals done so I'm going back to the hops! Brewing up a Stone Levitation clone tomorrow. This is probably my favorite session beer. I've never brewed anything this low in alcohol that had so many hops so it should be a fun one. Will also get a starter going for a cider. I make a raspberry cider for my wife every year when the juice becomes available again. It turns out pretty damn awesome.

cheba - can you send me the recipe (and any hints on cider making) - I have never made one, but that sounds awesome!
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline protonchris

• 1st Kit
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2011, 02:58:13 pm »
I kegged a dunkelweizen and brewing a sweet stout.  Finished drinking my english mild.
On Deck: Helles
Fermenting:
Lagering: 
On Tap: Cream Ale, Brown Ale

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2011, 03:40:52 pm »
I need hops so a trip to the LHBS is in order. Probably an ordinary bitter with brewer's gold, centennial and amarillo.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline alienoddity

• 1st Kit
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2011, 03:41:21 pm »
   Have a roasted Passilla Amber aging for the club's "Dark and Scary" event!  It's nice and aromatic with a hint of burn and nice malty sweetness....

Fermenting: Whiskey Barrel RIS

Offline jamminbrew

• Brewmaster
  • theAntipunk
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2011, 04:24:07 pm »
Gonna teach a friend about brewing tomorrow... He was pretty excited to learn, so he's coming over for some beers and a brew session... Going to make an oatmeal RIS
In caelo cerivisiae nil, hic igitur bibimus.