Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: 2011 Conference Seminar Presentations Available  (Read 1575 times)

Offline KathrynPorterDrapeau

• Conference
  • Assistant Brewer
2011 Conference Seminar Presentations Available
« on: October 14, 2011, 03:40:49 pm »
AHA Members - nearly all of the 2011 conference seminars are posted for you to view.

Go to http://www.ahaconference.org/conference-information/presentations/ to see the available slideshows from this summer's AHA National Homebrewers Conference. Then you can click through to past presentations, all the way to 2007.

To listen to a few audio files from this year's conference, please visit http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/pages/events/conference/audio-presentations. You must be an AHA member and registered on the site to access this information.

Here's to next year in Seattle!
Kathryn

Kathryn Porter Drapeau

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
Re: 2011 Conference Seminar Presentations Available
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 05:21:26 pm »
These are great, thank you.

Have you all ever thought of videotaping the conference seminars?  I bet you could bring in a decent bit of revenue by selling access to a real time video feed for people who aren't able to attend in person.  You could also sell downloadable videos afterwards.

If they were priced decently, I'd probably purchase a few.
Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 10:10:15 am »
A number of options for archiving and distributing the seminars has been discussed.  I'm glad we've gotten as far as doing audio recording and I hope it goes even further.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline KathrynPorterDrapeau

• Conference
  • Assistant Brewer
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 10:18:18 am »
In 2012 we plan to record the audio from each seminar. Then, they'll be available on HomebrewersAssociation.org after the conference. The files will remain locked for members-only, just the like the ones from this year.

Kathryn
Kathryn Porter Drapeau

Offline kgs

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sonoma County, CA
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 10:01:22 am »
In 2012 we plan to record the audio from each seminar. Then, they'll be available on HomebrewersAssociation.org after the conference. The files will remain locked for members-only, just the like the ones from this year.

Kathryn

this is very likely well beyond your budget, but if you used a lecture-capture product such as Tegrity or Mediasite, you would have video, audio, and synced presentations in an automatically-generated, searchable online catalog. these are products targeted at higher Ed, but there are likely more products in the business sector. the key term here is "automatically."
K.G. Schneider
AHA Member