Author Topic: 2011 Conference Seminar Presentations Available  (Read 972 times)

Offline KathrynPorter

• Conference
  • Assistant Brewer
    • View Profile
2011 Conference Seminar Presentations Available
« on: October 14, 2011, 09:40:49 PM »
AHA Members - nearly all of the 2011 conference seminars are posted for you to view.

Go to http://www.ahaconference.org/conference-information/presentations/ to see the available slideshows from this summer's AHA National Homebrewers Conference. Then you can click through to past presentations, all the way to 2007.

To listen to a few audio files from this year's conference, please visit http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/pages/events/conference/audio-presentations. You must be an AHA member and registered on the site to access this information.

Here's to next year in Seattle!
Kathryn

Kathryn Porter Drapeau
Event Associate Director
Brewers Association
Kathryn@BrewersAssociation.org

Offline narcout

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Los Angeles, CA
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Conference Seminar Presentations Available
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 11:21:26 PM »
These are great, thank you.

Have you all ever thought of videotaping the conference seminars?  I bet you could bring in a decent bit of revenue by selling access to a real time video feed for people who aren't able to attend in person.  You could also sell downloadable videos afterwards.

If they were priced decently, I'd probably purchase a few.
I ♥ glitter beer

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • View Profile
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 04:10:15 PM »
A number of options for archiving and distributing the seminars has been discussed.  I'm glad we've gotten as far as doing audio recording and I hope it goes even further.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline KathrynPorter

• Conference
  • Assistant Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 04:18:18 PM »
In 2012 we plan to record the audio from each seminar. Then, they'll be available on HomebrewersAssociation.org after the conference. The files will remain locked for members-only, just the like the ones from this year.

Kathryn
Kathryn Porter Drapeau
Event Associate Director
Brewers Association
Kathryn@BrewersAssociation.org

Offline kgs

• Brewmaster
  • Sonoma County, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 04:01:22 PM »
In 2012 we plan to record the audio from each seminar. Then, they'll be available on HomebrewersAssociation.org after the conference. The files will remain locked for members-only, just the like the ones from this year.

Kathryn

this is very likely well beyond your budget, but if you used a lecture-capture product such as Tegrity or Mediasite, you would have video, audio, and synced presentations in an automatically-generated, searchable online catalog. these are products targeted at higher Ed, but there are likely more products in the business sector. the key term here is "automatically."
K.G. Schneider
AHA Member