Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Georgia HBC  (Read 8229 times)

Offline storm_ipa

• 1st Kit
Georgia HBC
« on: January 23, 2012, 09:14:23 pm »
The only HBC i found in ga was in canton. I live in newnan just south of the airport. Does anyone know of a club down this way or would be interested in starting one with me? Sorry if this should be somewhere else, im new and didnt see a search feature  for the forums.
"He was a wise man who invented beer."

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
Re: Georgia HBC
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 09:27:42 pm »
http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/pages/directories/find-a-club

Hop Breakers
Newnan, GA
Phone: (443) 854-4232
Email: (follow the link above to find it)
Tom Schmidlin

Offline dak0415

• Brewmaster
  • Winston-Salem, NC
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 09:32:11 pm »
Get in touch with Doug at Just Brew It! in Fayetteville, all the area clubs buy from him. 770-719-0222

aarvarkbrewing.com
Dave Koenig
Anything worth doing - is worth overdoing!

Offline storm_ipa

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 09:43:51 pm »
Thanks guys. I never knew about that place. Not sure how i missed it after all the searches. Ive been buying from hop city for a while. So glad theres a place a little closer to home.

Offline christo

• Cellarman
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 08:36:13 pm »
Haven't heard of the hop breakers but they may be around.  But there are a number of very good, well-run clubs in and around Atlanta, including Covert Hops Society, Alpharetta Brewmasters, & Final Gravity to name a few.  The closest one to you would be South Atlanta Homebrewers.

http://sabrewers.net/

Offline benathar

• 1st Kit
  • Still learning to brew
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 09:00:17 pm »
Yes your best bet to the one closest to you would the South Atlanta Brewers. We are a group of various home brewers from Stockbridge, to Peachtree City and even from Senoia.
I would suggest you talk to Doug in Just Brew It and you may run into a few of us from the club in there during the week. Hardly on Thursdays, everyone is at 15th Street Pizza in Stockbridge.

Offline storm_ipa

• 1st Kit
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 09:16:09 pm »
Thanks guys, but i joined hopbreakers in newnan. Great guys and atmosphere. Doesnt hurt that most of them live within 10mins of my house. Look forward to seeing some of you at the competition in march!

Offline Mark Wood

• 1st Kit
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 11:58:45 am »
 I am a member of Hopbreakers in Newnan, We had our first meeting in December. It's a good group.

We have 2 monthly meetings with someone giving a short presentation; and try to have a club brew day once a month if possible. Someone is always brewing soemwhere.  We have all levels of experience, etc. . Its a very enthusiastic club.

Send me an email at mark@stillwoodgroup.com and I can give you more details.
Mark Wood, Newnan, GA