I have a head a cold but the wife informed me I'm slacking on brewing weizen. She has only one hefe and some American wheats. I managed to brew a dunkelweizen, this time I mashed 2lb of Vienna malt on the stove and boiled it down to bring some caramlized flavor to this brew. I was inspired by a kit cream ale that had some LME, I bottled it a couple days ago and it had a nice caramel flavor.
Update, I slowly boiled the 2gal of wort from mashing 2lb of Vienna, down to 1/2gal. Then I added this to the main wort. I had to leave for a few hours and had planned to just keep the main wort warm while I was gone, but with a lid on the kettle it actually boiled on a low setting on my stovetop. When I got home it had the look of a wort that had been boiled a good while, eggdrop soup from the wheat protein. It'll probably be a clear krsytalweizen but oh well. I finished the boil on propane so I could get a decent conversion of my hops whch I hadn't added before leaving.
All in all, a very unusual process but I'm still hoping its beer. For my wife's sake anyway.