Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Wine advice  (Read 8926 times)

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Re: Wine advice
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2011, 12:07:59 am »
That's a great approach. This will certainly become a reality in my household. Does it form a pellicle?
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2011, 12:53:42 am »
Yes, but it is not especially cohesive, it is more of a layer of small particles at the top.  Nothing that looks like a proper mother, no big gel-like blobs or anything.  It definitely smells like vinegar though :)
Tom Schmidlin

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2011, 01:17:15 am »
I make vinegar with leftover red wine.

+1 Why didn't I think about that. To you marry a bunch of leftover wines until you get enough?

Leftover wine?

What does that mean?
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2011, 01:58:09 am »
Yeah that's true puni but I often find three fingers of wine in a bottle from a few days (or longer) before. Goes into the spaghetti sauce. ;D Which reminds me of sangria. Tom I might have to do "malt vinegar". ::)
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis