Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Disassembling cobra taps for cleaning?  (Read 6913 times)

Offline tom

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
Re: Disassembling cobra taps for cleaning?
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 04:56:07 pm »
I don't always clean them as often as I should, but when I do, I pull the inner silicone bung off just to make sure to get into all of the nooks and crevices.  They get ugly looking.
Brew on

Offline bo

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 05:57:50 pm »
I don't always clean them as often as I should, but when I do, I pull the inner silicone bung off just to make sure to get into all of the nooks and crevices.  They get ugly looking.

That's the part I wished I could buy.

Online denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2011, 08:07:33 pm »
Well that's not very encouraging.  I run oxiclean through the lines after a keg kicks, let it sit for a bit, then rinse with water.  Then run Starsan through.  So my lines are probably gunked up then...

Maybe...that's more than I used to do.  You might want to go ahead and break them down to see what they look like.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2011, 11:58:39 pm »
I run boiling water with oxyclean through mine. While the tubing remains stained the the crud is dissolved away. Sigh. Will have to open up the taps again. See what's in there...

If I do then why not get some new tubing while I'm at it? Mine is over 4 years old. ;)
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis