Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: did you know . . . .  (Read 3077 times)

jaybeerman

Re: did you know . . . .
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2011, 03:18:19 pm »
SUPERMAN!

:D  the three form a band - godzilla on bass (power lines), iron giant on stompbox and guitar (tele lines), with superman vocals

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2011, 04:01:44 pm »
The company I work for makes those cables. There is a huge saftey strain factor built in for ice, wind, etc..or occasionally holding up the pole that is supposed to be hold the cable up ;D
Sweet Caroline where the Sun rises over the deep blue sea and sets somewhere beyond Tennessee

Offline rabid_dingo

• Brewmaster
  • Brighton, CO :D
    • Mile High Monks
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 12:49:44 am »

9News in Denver KUSA

Video of our recent snow storm. The first 20 seconds talk about it, then they highlight a video of some
tree branches on a live line that catch fire at about the :25 mark. Seemed cool to watch, from a distance.
The rest is news...
Ruben * Colorado :)

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, 01:56:13 am »
Ugh.  More "excitement" at work today.  Police blocked off a small section of Northlake Way underneath the Ship Canal Bridge about a block from work.  I saw some tarps and what may have been a meat wagon.  Rumor has it someone jumped.  I don't know the bridge to road height, at least 10 stories where we are.  Hopefully that's not what it was.

That's roughly 180 degrees on the other side of the building from where the truck took out the pole yesterday. :-\
Tom Schmidlin