Author Topic: What's Brewing This Weekend - 10/28 Edition  (Read 4044 times)

Offline ibru

• Assistant Brewer
  • Brew Day is My Day!
    • View Profile
Re: What's Brewing This Weekend - 10/28 Edition
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 07:45:41 AM »
Sorry to hear that Redbeerman. They aren't with us long enough. I've had to bury seven of my "best friends" over my 57 years. Doesn't get any easier...

Saturday, I'm putting my chili beer into keg (secondary) and adding the peppers. Sunday, it's time I try Denny's Bourbon Vanilla.

Bruce

Offline BrewingRover

• Brewmaster
  • Brewing in Flossmoor, IL
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 08:18:23 AM »
I have most of next week off. I'm making a big starter for a barleywine this weekend. I think. I may brew a bitter as well or instead of. Decisions, decisions.
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Offline dbarber

• Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 09:54:09 AM »
My weekend starts today at 4 pm.  Kegging an apa tonight and brewing an am. stout tomorrow.
Dave Barber
Orwigsburg, PA
AHA Member, BJCP National

Offline bigchicken

• Assistant Brewer
  • Lincoln, NE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, 10:19:45 AM »
Brewing an ESB kit from Northern Brewer. There's only one commercial version of an ESB I've liked, so I'm keeping my hopes up!
TJ Cook
Proud paying member of the AHA since 2013.

On Deck: Chocolate Cherry Stout, Northern Brewer Dry Irish Stout
Fermenting: Magnum Blonde
In bottles:Northern Brewer Munich Helles, Snow Eater Winter Warmer 2012, Apple Wine

Offline udubdawg

• Brewmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2011, 10:39:21 AM »
Changed my plans when I noticed WY1469 was available again.  Couple different batches of bitter coming up!  Love this stuff!

cheers--
--Michael

Offline glastctbrew

• Assistant Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2011, 10:44:51 AM »
Brewing up my house IPA for an early December party during a public brew day at my LHBS this Sunday, weather permitting.  If its a nasty day I'll be hunkered down in my garage brewing.  Pretty pumped about the brew day.  Looks like we'll have 5 to 10 people setting up for the day. 
Scott
Still Hill Brewery

Offline madscientist

• Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2011, 11:31:31 AM »
No brewing... But I will be "unbottling" this year's pumpkin ale with some friends.  Next brew day is possibly Nov 5.  I have to do some temperature testing in my guest bathroom where I do all my fermenting.  I've turned the heat on and it's probably a little warmer in there than when the AC was on in the summer.  Think I might need to employ the swamp cooler again. 
Homebrewed since 2010

Offline blatz

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2011, 11:33:21 AM »
plans changed - didn't realize I had maybe 3/4 of a pint of IPA left, so gotta get some in the fermentors before the on deck keg goes!
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2011, 12:33:06 PM »
I'm going to smoke some malt this weekend for a brew session in a couple of weeks.  I went to Portland last weekend and picked up a sack of Best Wheat Malt, Crisp MO, and GW Washington Select.  I'll smoke some of the MO, probably with apple or alder.  I'll probably also transfer a Flanders red to secondary so my wife will stop bugging me about the cherries in the freezer.  Some kegging and cleaning to do too . . . I don't know how much I'll get done.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • View Profile
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2011, 12:38:45 PM »
I'm going to smoke some malt this weekend for a brew session in a couple of weeks.  I went to Portland last weekend and picked up a sack of Best Wheat Malt, Crisp MO, and GW Washington Select.  I'll smoke some of the MO, probably with apple or alder.  I'll probably also transfer a Flanders red to secondary so my wife will stop bugging me about the cherries in the freezer.  Some kegging and cleaning to do too . . . I don't know how much I'll get done.

man I was so disapointed. I called GW about the california select and asked where it was malted and they said it was transported up to washington for malting. I was hoping to reduce my footprint with that stuff but it would actually be a smaller footprint if I ordered the washington select as that only have to come down coast to CA rather than up and then down. grrr.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

Offline murphelin@me.com

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2011, 01:12:22 PM »
Just brewed my 2nd batch of beer, first one that is not a kit.  It is a Christmas Ale. Just purchased a nice big chest freezer Keezer along with 5 kegs and 5# and 20# CO2 tanks, hoses, etc...  so will be going whole hog with kegging this one.  Currently using it as a fermentation chamber since I have nothing to keg yet.  Hoping to enjoy the Christmas Ale a lot sooner than waiting for bottle conditioning.

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Official Poobah of No Life.
  • Milford, MI
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2011, 01:14:34 PM »
Changed my plans when I noticed WY1469 was available again.  Couple different batches of bitter coming up!  Love this stuff!

cheers--
--Michael

I have a Best Bitter in my plans using WY-1469.  Hope I can dial in on Landlord!
Jeff Rankert
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild, AHA Member, BJCP Certified
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2011, 04:34:41 PM »

man I was so disapointed. I called GW about the california select and asked where it was malted and they said it was transported up to washington for malting. I was hoping to reduce my footprint with that stuff but it would actually be a smaller footprint if I ordered the washington select as that only have to come down coast to CA rather than up and then down. grrr.
Yeah, I had to go to OR to get it.  No one around here carries it, or the Crisp MO or Best Wheat either.  But I'm not including the travel to and from Portland in the cost, we were going to visit family anyway.  It was 18 minutes door to door from their house to Brew Bothers.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline rightasrain

• Cellarman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2011, 06:42:45 PM »
Time to do Chris Colby's "Cranberry Zinger" for Thanksgiving.

That sounds delish. I want to try my first pumpkin ale. It all depends on homework and birthday events though so we'll see.
"Rogues are willing to shun titles and personal financial success in the  pursuit of the greater good.
Rogues pursue the long shot.
Rogues have respect for diversity.
Rogues work hard.
Rogues are driven to succeed in their chosen field.
Rogues are honest with themselves and others.
Rogues are rebels."
- www.rogue.com

Offline Pinski

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Portland, Oregon
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2011, 08:04:37 PM »
Just brewed my 2nd batch of beer, first one that is not a kit.  It is a Christmas Ale. Just purchased a nice big chest freezer Keezer along with 5 kegs and 5# and 20# CO2 tanks, hoses, etc...  so will be going whole hog with kegging this one.  Currently using it as a fermentation chamber since I have nothing to keg yet.  Hoping to enjoy the Christmas Ale a lot sooner than waiting for bottle conditioning.

Fish on!
Steve Carper
Green Dragon Brew Crew
Clubs: Oregon Brew Crew & Strange Brew
BJCP Certified