Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Brew Pub recipes  (Read 6063 times)

Offline boulderbrewer

• Brewmaster
Re: Brew Pub recipes
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2011, 09:50:04 pm »
Local restaurants that are willing to deliver, but you have to throw them a bone too.

Offline Kit B

• Brewmaster
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 04:35:40 pm »
Hickory or apple smoked pork shoulder, done on the back patio for 16 hours....Pulled for sandwiches.

Various smoked sausages & cutlets.

Coleslaw...You almost can't go wrong with slaw, as a side.

Baked Mac & Cheese

Baked/spiced apples (cored & served in ramekins with toppings like caramel, toasted oats, ice cream, etc.)

Offline nateo

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2011, 04:38:48 pm »
Hickory or apple smoked pork shoulder, done on the back patio for 16 hours....Pulled for sandwiches.

If you have a commercial stand mixer, using the paddle attachment is the easiest way to "pull" a bunch of pork.
In der Kürze liegt die Würze.

jaybeerman

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 04:47:59 pm »
Great Divide taproom in Denver had a rotating schedule of food trucks that would set up in front. If you can partner with established restaurants that could be a win-win for everyone.

+1  this is the best way to start out.  That or go the Panini sandwich and popcorn route.  Focus on working out all the little bugs and then start to increase your attention to food.  (somehow I missed this thread until now)

Offline corkybstewart

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2011, 08:26:48 pm »
There's the ubiquitous croque monsieur that the French are so crazy about.  Americanize it a little with cheddar or smoked cheese instead of Gruyere.
Small tacos or tostadas would also go great-simple finger food that can be served individually or on a platter.
Chile con carne is also popular in France.  Serve 2 kinds, one very spicy, one not spicy at all.  My french inlaws can either handle anything spicy or nothing spicy, there's not much middle ground.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 08:29:57 pm by corkybstewart »
Life is wonderful in sunny White Signal New Mexico

Offline richardt

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2011, 07:40:30 am »
When fresh veggies can be found, batter-fried veggies are delicious and go well with beer.
Especially with a Southwest Chipotle-Ranch sauce.
Classic examples Okra, green beans, onion rings, pickle chips.

I didn't say they were healthy.

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
Ron Price

Offline dimik

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2011, 08:15:09 pm »
There is a place here that dries jalapenos then grinds them into fine powder and serves their pickled eggs with this powder. Pretty darn good to my tastes.
Assorted pickle plates (pickled cucumbers, tomatoes, garlic, lettuce, beans, various cabbages etc) are always a good thing when drinking is involved.
Check out BKYeast for my yeast ranching adventures and home lab!

Primary: Braggot, Petite Saison, Porter, Herbal IPA

On Tap: RyeIPA

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2011, 11:22:37 pm »
There is a place here that dries jalapenos then grinds them into fine powder and serves their pickled eggs with this powder. Pretty darn good to my tastes.
Assorted pickle plates (pickled cucumbers, tomatoes, garlic, lettuce, beans, various cabbages etc) are always a good thing when drinking is involved.

+1 in my book. That's dinner. With beer.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis