My whole house is supplied with filtered and UV disinifected rainwater. I've been using rainwater catchment for my household water for over seven years now. I have a water lab and regularly test my household water for total coliform and E.coli bacteria. I've also tested for enterococcus and have run many heterotrophic plate count samples on my household water. In seven years I have never had a single positive test. Ultraviolet light is very effective at disinfecting filtered water.
It is quite convenient to have disinfected, chlorine free water at the turn of a tap, any tap in the house. I use it as brewing, cleaning, and rinse water. Rainwater is very low in TDS, so I add salts to match what I am brewing.