Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: beertrips.com  (Read 3710 times)

Offline Hokerer

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Manassas, VA
beertrips.com
« on: October 13, 2011, 07:57:53 pm »
Anybody been on a trip with these guys?  Know anyone else who has?

The wife's been looking at Europe trips and she stumbled across these.  Who am I to complain if she wants to take a trip to Europe on a trip like one of these?

http://www.beertrips.com/
Joe

Offline SiameseMoose

• Assistant Brewer
  • Cincinnati, OH
Re: beertrips.com
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 10:28:17 am »
My wife and I have been on three trips, and we wouldn't hesitate to go again. (Actually, we're planing on it.) Been to Belgium twice and to Italy last month. Mike Saxton (the owner) gets you into places that no one else can, as well as getting to the places you expect. His trips are a great blend of organized tours and personal free time. Yes, they're beer-focused, but there's plenty of history, culture, and food as well. You get to stay in small unique places, always of great quality, and have ample time to explore on your own.The tours max out at 16 people, but you're always on a bus with at least 30 seats, so there's lots of room, plus a toilet (that's critical ;)).
In this picture, from the BeerTrips site, we're at Rochefort in 2006. Gumar Santos, the brewmaster, is in the blue sweater with his back to the camera. To his right, in a red shirt and white vest, is my wife Roxanne (now an AHA Governing Committee member). I'm the grey-haired guy directly behind the open lid of the kettle.

Offline Hokerer

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Manassas, VA
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 08:50:12 am »
My wife and I have been on three trips, and we wouldn't hesitate to go again. (Actually, we're planing on it.)

Wow, perfect!  Thanks for the info, looks like I might have a trip(s) in the future.
Joe

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 03:35:32 am »
Don't forget France. Hit me up if you come to Paris and we'll set you up with some fun beers.
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!