Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: The McRib is back!!!  (Read 14187 times)

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
Re: The McRib is back!!!
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2011, 11:32:28 am »
I had an uncle who used to get really excited when the McRib would show back up.  I never understood the appeal of them.  I's call him up and ask but he died 16 years ago of heart failure following 20 years of bypass operations and heart troubles.

McRib wasn't the cause of his problems but I'm guessing it didn't help much either.

Someone else can have mine.

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2011, 01:14:36 pm »
Here where I live, McDonalds food and balut are equally available, and hold equal attraction for me - zero.

I cannot remember the last time I ate food from McDonalds.  I think LBJ may have been President at the time.
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Tampa, Fl
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2011, 02:52:53 pm »
Here where I live, McDonalds food and balut are equally available, and hold equal attraction for me - zero.

I cannot remember the last time I ate food from McDonalds.  I think LBJ may have been President at the time.

My wife likes to say with pride that she's the only person in the USA who has never had a Big Mac.  She may not be, but the fact that she's proud of her status is nice.
There are so many local places to get better food I tend to stay away from the chains.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2011, 04:06:58 pm »
I am a runner, work out nut and health food junky *normally* but every now and then I get a hankerin' for a quarter pounder with cheese, fries and a coke. I just can't help myself. I also like Wendy's hamburgers. That said, if I eat a fast food hamburger I feel pretty nasty the rest of the day, like it has messed up my bio rhythm or something. Road trips aside I may get a fast food cheeseburger 2-3 times a year.

Actually, the egg McMuffin is not a terribly unhealthy breakfast as long as you don't get the hash browns. Their coffee isn't great IMO but it is better than any other fast food.

Offline bo

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2011, 06:18:44 pm »
I am a runner, work out nut and health food junky *normally* but every now and then I get a hankerin' for a quarter pounder with cheese, fries and a coke. I just can't help myself. I also like Wendy's hamburgers. That said, if I eat a fast food hamburger I feel pretty nasty the rest of the day, like it has messed up my bio rhythm or something. Road trips aside I may get a fast food cheeseburger 2-3 times a year.

Actually, the egg McMuffin is not a terribly unhealthy breakfast as long as you don't get the hash browns. Their coffee isn't great IMO but it is better than any other fast food.

We definitely don't get any trick or treaters out here - too far from civilization. My kids drive 40 minutes to my parents house to trick or treat their neighborhood. I came home early from work today to wait for repairman. I have been getting into their candy all afternoon. I've had Milk Duds, Dots, Snickers, Twix and some Star bursts so far. Littlest one just got home so I guess that candy box is now shut down.

How is Halloween candy health food? :D
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 06:21:27 pm by bo »

Offline rjharper

• Brewmaster
    • Angry Scotsman Brewing
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2011, 06:34:13 pm »

We definitely don't get any trick or treaters out here - too far from civilization. My kids drive 40 minutes to my parents house to trick or treat their neighborhood. I came home early from work today to wait for repairman. I have been getting into their candy all afternoon. I've had Milk Duds, Dots, Snickers, Twix and some Star bursts so far. Littlest one just got home so I guess that candy box is now shut down.

ha ha busted...

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2011, 07:10:34 pm »
OK guys guess I'm the guinea pig. Went to the Micky D's across from work. Got me a McRib meal (fries & Dr Pepper). Three things I rarely eat.

First two bites were pretty tasty. The rest was pretty insipid and tasteless. Had to douse it with sriacha in order to finish the last couple of bites.

Now I have incipient heartburn and feel my IQ dropping fast. How does this phone thingy work?

Don't waste your money gentlemen.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2011, 07:41:58 pm »

ha ha busted...

Hey, I never said I didn't splurge on candy once in a  while. I've also been known to drink far too much, as well.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2011, 07:43:00 pm »
OK guys guess I'm the guinea pig. Went to the Micky D's across from work. Got me a McRib meal (fries & Dr Pepper). Three things I rarely eat.

First two bites were pretty tasty. The rest was pretty insipid and tasteless. Had to douse it with sriacha in order to finish the last couple of bites.

Now I have incipient heartburn and feel my IQ dropping fast. How does this phone thingy work?

Thanks for tanking one for the team, bro!!  :D

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2011, 07:47:42 pm »
Euge...you are a brave soldier. Thanks for the review. I'll take your word for it and avoid the insipid looking McRib. I hope you don't get a case of the McRuns.  ;D

Thanks bro!
Ron Price

Offline fatdogale

• Assistant Brewer
  • Lynnwood, WA
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2011, 07:55:57 pm »

Sriracha is awesome stuff...if anything would help that thing go down, it'd be sriracha
John Childs

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2011, 08:02:55 pm »
Euge...you are a brave soldier. Thanks for the review. I'll take your word for it and avoid the insipid looking McRib. I hope you don't get a case of the McRuns.  ;D

Thanks bro!

McRuns .... *snicker*  :D

Offline pinnah

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Wesloper, CO
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2011, 08:21:57 pm »

Thanks for tanking one for the team, bro!!  :D

Dude, Euge is all euge now. He's really done well for himself.  ;D

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2011, 08:39:39 pm »
We should change his name to McEuge!

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2011, 01:45:10 am »
We should change his name to McEuge!

Not bloody f'ing likely! ;D

Guess I feel ok. It was filling with the fries. The fries were a disappointment too. Somewhat chewy, a bit overdone and too long out of the fryer.

McDonalds just doesn't appeal to me except it is interesting that they've gone to a "Cafe" style trying to hedge in on the Starbucks market. I never thought to see a barista at a McDonalds.

I much prefer Whataburger when it comes to a chain burger. A Whataburger (especially a double) is something to behold. I implore you to have one if you ever get the chance. You can fast for the rest of the day. Next up is a Five Guys cheeseburger with bacon. Wendy's used to be pretty awesome before Dave passed on. I say Wendy's and Whataburger's fries blow McDonalds by a considerable margin- even as I remember them.

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis