Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: michelob amber bock  (Read 2090 times)

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
michelob amber bock
« on: November 01, 2011, 11:36:54 am »
went with my son down to pensacola last weekend, he is reporting to fligh school. had to pick up some beer for the ohio state wisconsin game (way to go bucks!!) went with some michelob amber bock and was pleasantly surprised.  it was a perfectly servicable drink for the game.
Don AHA member

Offline bo

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: michelob amber bock
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 11:48:57 am »
I agree. It's a nice beer and I wouldn't mind cloning it.

Offline The Professor

• Brewmaster
  • "In the next life, you're on your own"
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 12:41:16 pm »
I like this one too.  In fact, most of the beers in the  Michelob specialty  line seem to be pretty good.   Except of course  for Ultra...which has almost as much flavor as seltzer.  The way I see it, the inclusion of Ultra under the Michelob banner of brands defeats the premium image that they otherwise seem to be fostering.

I also like Michelob Classic Lager ...I think it's a great value and  a criminally under-rated and very well made product that gets lost in the massive choices one sees these days on the store shelves.

It's interesting...quite a few beer geeks I know are starting to re-visit some of these big brewery offerings and they find themselves surprised at how much they enjoy them. 
AL
New Brunswick, NJ
[499.6, 101.2] Apparent Rennerian
Homebrewer since July 1971

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 01:21:27 pm »
i almost went for the classic lager.  in comparison, the cost of a 12 pack was reasonable compared to craft brews as well. again very pleasantly surprised. 
Don AHA member

Offline chezteth

• Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 04:17:40 pm »
I agree.  Amber bock is a decent beer.  I also enjoy the classic lager from time to time.  My enjoyment of the classic lager started in college and has never gone away.

Offline rjharper

• Brewmaster
    • Angry Scotsman Brewing
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 04:23:28 pm »
Kegs of amberbock were the go to choice back in my grad school days.  We could float those things in no time.