Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Keggerator dead?  (Read 1692 times)

Offline oscarvan

• Senior Brewmaster
Keggerator dead?
« on: November 03, 2011, 01:52:37 pm »
It was running flawlessly when the power went down.........five days later I plug it in, it runs for a little while, not sure how long, and now.....nada. A light, that's it. (Yes it has power) Messed with the dial....hear a click.....nada....unplugged, plugged back in...nada.......Now what?
Wooden Shoe Brew Works (not a commercial operation) Bethlehem, PA
http://www.woodenshoemusic.com/WSBW/WSBW_All_grain_Setup.html
I brew WITH style..... not necessarily TO style.....

Offline oscarvan

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Keggerator dead?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 02:09:19 pm »
Wait wait....it's alive.....must be working too hard cooling down all the beer and running through some thermal protection or timer cycle......PHEW...... :o

Offline oscarvan

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 02:46:19 pm »
I hope it's not getting old, overheating and cycling in an abnormal mode....oh nooooo....

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 02:53:32 pm »
*Sip*  Mine's working just fine.  *Sip*  ;D
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 04:22:10 pm »
Have you checked the internal temp?  How warm did it get?

You can always set it to its warmest setting and turn it down slowly over a few days.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 12:18:44 am »
[sip]

Hope it's all right. But don't feel bad. When I tied into the gas line in my garage I turned off the water heater. Forgot about it and took a nice hot shower. The next day no hot water. I figured it out fairly quickly and turned the pilot on. Then six weeks of barely hot enough showers, which resulted in just the hot water side only being turned on. Even that didn't give me the good hot shower like I'm used to. Thought my newly aquired heater was beginning to fail.

Being the DIY guy I am started looking at trouble shooting guides. Checking through the list. Doesn't look good. Yep the pilot is definitely on. OK. OK. Damn! Didn't turn the dang thing all the way on. Just lit the pilot and walked away like a dumbass. Six weeks of awful showers because of inattentiveness or being in a hurry. :(

But! The remarkable thing is the pilot light actually did a pretty fair job of generating hot water. So the thermostat was turned down into the upper "warm" setting and left alone. ;D

[/sip]
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline oscarvan

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 06:14:27 am »
OK, it's the next morning now and all seems to be fine in beer land...... Not sure what happened here, but I'm not going to argue with the fact that it seems to be working, normal or not.

Showers on a pilot flame only? That's impressive. Bet your gas bill was lower too......