Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: help!i  (Read 8339 times)

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
Re: help!i
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2011, 06:59:26 am »
That's why I say its obvious you've never owned one. It's the little things on a Mercedes like the way the doors shut, the low road noise, the dashboard display lights - things like these that let you know you are on a quality machine. ya know, intuitive stufff. Not like in Windows where you go to "START" when you want to shut down. As a person who has been forced to use both through out my adult life I can tolerate windows but I enjoy working on a Mac.

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2011, 07:11:45 am »
being a beer geek is one thing, but geeks in general?
let me know the cause. i have this problem from our new computer as well. i have used all the different browsers and adjusted cookie settings. still a no go.
Don AHA member

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2011, 07:12:29 am »
which means i only post from work 8)
Don AHA member

Offline bo

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2011, 07:20:38 am »
That's why I say its obvious you've never owned one. It's the little things on a Mercedes like the way the doors shut, the low road noise, the dashboard display lights - things like these that let you know you are on a quality machine. ya know, intuitive stufff. Not like in Windows where you go to "START" when you want to shut down. As a person who has been forced to use both through out my adult life I can tolerate windows but I enjoy working on a Mac.

When you turn off a MAC don't you depress the same button that you use to turn it on? I believe that you use the same key to turn a Mercedes on or off. What's your point? ;)

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2011, 07:25:29 am »
Now we're just getting pedantic
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2011, 07:38:22 am »
Try checking your cookie settings :)

Are you accepting cookies
?  Have you tried another browser?  Another computer?

+1

It sounds like a flip of the switch in your settings?
Ron Price

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2011, 07:58:13 am »
My. parents lived in Bavaria for most of the 80s.  My dad wanted a Mercedes all of his life, so when he moved to Germany he bought one.  My mom needed a car too so they bought her an Audi.  Six months later they sold the Mercedes and bought another Audi.  They both drove Audis for the rest of the time they lived in Bavaria.  I drove the Mercedes and the Audis.  I liked the Audis much better.  The Mercedes felt very stiff compared to the Audis.

I drive both Mac and PC machines.  Both have their +s and -s.  My iPad is my hands-down favorite machine of all times (so far).
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2011, 08:01:26 am »
I drive both Mac and PC machines.  Both have their +s and -s.  My iPad is my hands-down favorite machine of all times (so far).

My next machine will be a Mac...

I've always been a PC guy but want to make the switch. It's time...
Ron Price

Offline bo

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2011, 08:03:44 am »
I used some Apple computers early on and I'll never go back. Hands down, hardware and software are cheaper and easier to find, along with much more support.

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2011, 08:39:51 am »
At this point I'm going to say, everybody, stop feeding the trolls, let's try to avoid a mac/pc flamewar.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 08:41:32 am by phillamb168 »
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline bo

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2011, 09:13:04 am »
Why is it whenever we have a good discussion, somebody starts calling people trolls?

Online denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2011, 09:28:09 am »
I've had two Dell machines in that time as well and neither of them lasted more than 4 years.

Dell...there's your problem!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Online denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2011, 09:29:49 am »
As a person who has been forced to use both through out my adult life I can tolerate windows but I enjoy working on a Mac.

And as a person who has frequently used both, I reached the opposite conclusion. 

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Online denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2011, 09:31:18 am »
Why is it whenever we have a good discussion, somebody starts calling people trolls?

Are we having a good discussion?  I thought you were talking about Macs and PCs.....

www.dennybrew.com

Offline bo

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2011, 09:35:41 am »

Are we having a good discussion?  I thought we were talking about Macs and PCs.....

Corrected that for you and I wasn't the one who brought up MAC's in the first place.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 09:39:03 am by bo »