Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: help!i  (Read 8418 times)

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
Re: help!i
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2011, 09:36:57 am »
Why is it whenever we have a good discussion, somebody starts calling people trolls?

Are we having a good discussion?  I thought you were talking about Macs and PCs.....

Please leave your religion at the login page.    :-\

Commadore 64 was good enough for me and it's good enough for my kids by gawd.    New fangled, cheap crap all the kiddies have today...   ;D

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2011, 09:40:21 am »
Commadore 64 was good enough for me and it's good enough for my kids by gawd.  New fangled, cheap crap all the kiddies have today...   ;D

Paul

and while we are at it, keep your rotten mitts off my slide rule...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 09:44:21 am by dbeechum »
Don AHA member

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2011, 09:59:28 am »

When you turn off a MAC don't you depress the same button that you use to turn it on? I believe that you use the same key to turn a Mercedes on or off. What's your point? ;)

Uhhhm ... no. You choose "Shut Down" Obviously you've never used a Mac. that's my point.

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2011, 10:10:37 am »
Why is it whenever we have a good discussion, somebody starts calling people trolls?

[citation needed]
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2011, 10:17:56 am »
As a person who has been forced to use both through out my adult life I can tolerate windows but I enjoy working on a Mac.

And as a person who has frequently used both, I reached the opposite conclusion. 

Which always has surprised me seeing as you are in a creative field - Mac was designed specifically to make using a computer not only more user friendly but also a more artistic experience.

Regardless, I'm just trying have a little fun. Use whatever you like. But I've had significantly fewer problems on my Mac than I have ever had on any Window's based machines. I've never had problems accessing any website on a Mac.

Now the kicker is going to be when Wease comes up and says he's using a Mac. That would be rich!  ;)

Offline bo

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2011, 10:24:38 am »

When you turn off a MAC don't you depress the same button that you use to turn it on? I believe that you use the same key to turn a Mercedes on or off. What's your point? ;)

Uhhhm ... no. You choose "Shut Down" Obviously you've never used a Mac. that's my point.

Are you saying there is a power on switch and a separate power off switch? I'm talking about physical switches. Using the same for both is very common with most electronics.

It would be funny if he's using a MAC. :D

Phil, as major pointed out, we're just having a little fun. Please don't make this into something else.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 10:28:16 am by bo »

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Tampa, Fl
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2011, 10:39:26 am »
I have a mac laptop and an ipad which always work.  My two pc's - not so much.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2011, 11:25:32 am »

Are you saying there is a power on switch and a separate power off switch? I'm talking about physical switches. Using the same for both is very common with most electronics.

Phil, as major pointed out, we're just having a little fun. Please don't make this into something else.

Dude, what? Don't try to paint me into a bad guy, if it's all in fun, that's cool, but your posts aren't exactly clear that you're joking around. I've seen these sorts of posts spiral into flamewars, I just didn't want that to happen here.
----

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2011, 11:28:09 am »
Skeered of linux huh? Common problems people experience with pc's are virtually nonexistent with a linux system. Though everyone I know who switched to a Mac of some sort loves them and swears they'll never buy another.

So weaze. Did you find a solution to your woes?

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2011, 11:30:51 am »
Skeered of linux huh? Common problems people experience with pc's are virtually nonexistent with a linux system. Though everyone I know who switched to a Mac of some sort loves them and swears they'll never buy another.

Probably not.  He hasn't been back since his OP.   :P
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2011, 11:39:16 am »

Probably not.  He hasn't been back since his OP.   :P

Weaz = new BFI?
----

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2011, 12:05:35 pm »

Are we having a good discussion?  I thought we were talking about Macs and PCs.....

Corrected that for you and I wasn't the one who brought up MAC's in the first place.

Thanks.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline bo

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2011, 12:29:48 pm »

Dude, what? Don't try to paint me into a bad guy, if it's all in fun, that's cool, but your posts aren't exactly clear that you're joking around. I've seen these sorts of posts spiral into flamewars, I just didn't want that to happen here.

Dude, I was joking. Who really gives a s*** what computer people use? I certainly don't.

Another way to look at the Start button issue, is that shutdown is a process, so PC's are correct in that you're starting the shutdown process. :D
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 12:31:33 pm by bo »

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2011, 02:11:02 pm »

weaze woes!

If he had painted himself blue we could say 'weazes woes were woad' or 'weazes woad was woefull' WOW!
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2011, 03:30:55 pm »
woezletoe?
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis