Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Passion fruit flavour  (Read 10454 times)

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
Re: Passion fruit flavour
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 09:46:20 am »
I just made an all citra APA yesterday.  The wort smelled pretty tropical fruity; pretty excited for the beer.  I also don't get the negative attitude towards Simcoe.  They're delicious!  Made a Green Flash IPA clone last week which uses Simcoe, should be delicious.
Jesse

Offline gmac

• Brewmaster General
  • London, Ontario
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2011, 10:10:08 am »
Looks like I need to find some Galaxy.  Checked with my LHBS.  No luck.  In fact, they are saying they only got 2/3 of their entire order and have about 20 varieties that they are going to be short on.  Great.
I'm gonna have to milk my pound of citra for a while :(

If you can't find any. let me know. I'll hook a brother up with a batch worth.  8)

Thanks for the offer. Not sure about the border though...

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2011, 05:28:14 pm »
Looks like I need to find some Galaxy.  Checked with my LHBS.  No luck.  In fact, they are saying they only got 2/3 of their entire order and have about 20 varieties that they are going to be short on.  Great.
I'm gonna have to milk my pound of citra for a while :(

If you can't find any. let me know. I'll hook a brother up with a batch worth.  8)

Thanks for the offer. Not sure about the border though...

Preliminary research reveals no issues. Check in to it and advise. No charge on the hops, just postage... 8)  Pm me if it's a go.
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline garc_mall

• Brewmaster
  • [1892.9, 294.9deg] AR Lynnwood, WA
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2011, 03:31:30 pm »
Elysian and New Belgium did a collaboration that I had about a month ago with Nelson Sauvin, Pacific Gem, and Galaxy. I think they also added a bit of actual Passion fruit juice... I thought it was really amazing, with great passionfruit flavor. Unfortunately, they are keeping the proportions under wraps. Just another hop variety that might be interesting. Also, as far as I know, March/April is when the big Southern Hemisphere hops come out, so it might be more difficult to find them this late.

Offline jmcamerlengo

• Brewmaster
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2011, 10:30:29 am »
The description on my pound bags of hops from Hop Union for Amarillo say passion fruit/tropical aroma.

And they certainly smell like that....Id be willing to bet your beer had quite a bit of Amarillo toward knockout.
Jason
-Head Brewer, Brewtus Brewers in the Shenango Valley. Hopefully opening a brewpub/nano brewery in the next couple years.