Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Columbus, OH  (Read 1908 times)

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
Columbus, OH
« on: November 12, 2011, 09:24:25 am »
Will be in Columbus next weekend.  Staying at a hotel near the statehouse.  Any recommendations for good food/beer places?
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline roger

• Assistant Brewer
Re: Columbus, OH
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 12:03:34 pm »
There are some really good choices in downtown Columbus all of which support our homebrew club, SODZ. The closest to your hotel is the Elevator Brewing and Draught House and only a couple of blocks. A few blocks north, right across from the convention center is Barley's Alehouse, and just west of there is Gordon Biersch in the Arena District. South of your hotel in the Brewery District is the Columbus Brewing Co.

Two other suggestions. If you are driving from the east, please stop in Zanesville, OH and find the Weasel Boy Brewing Co. No food, but outstanding beer. Warning, its 40 miles from Columbus. The second suggestion, if you enjoy mead, do not miss the Brother's Drake, but again no food. Its between downtown and campus, near High Street and 5th Ave.

Roger
Roger

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
Re: Columbus, OH
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 07:08:08 pm »
Thanks Roger.  I'll definitely be on the lookout for those places!  I'm actually flying in so I won't be hitting up anything outside of town but I'll pass that onto some friends that are driving in for the weekend.
Clint
Wort Hogs