Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Things I don't like about the Recent message lists  (Read 3039 times)

Offline Kaiser

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Imperial Brewing Geek
    • braukaiser.com
Things I don't like about the Recent message lists
« on: January 17, 2010, 07:04:42 am »
One thing that bothers me with the list of threads that I have replied in and have new messages or that have new messages in general is that a thread will get off that list as soon as I look at it. Oftentimes I take a peek and want to answer later. But then I have to search for that particular thread.

Anybody having the same problem or a solution?

Kai

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Things I don't like about the Recent message lists
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 09:55:23 am »
So then what would be good is a way to "watch" particular threads?
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline dean

• Brewmaster
  • Me and Hayden, my newest grandson.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 06:34:18 am »
Some forums have a "subscribe to this topic" button but I think it has to do with what program the board uses, phbb or something like that. 

Offline Kaiser

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Imperial Brewing Geek
    • braukaiser.com
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 07:43:32 am »
I meant to reply to this as well.

Denny, look at the "my recent topics" list on the NB forum. Once you posted in a thread it will always be listed and the most recently active ones are on top. What happens to me here is that I may read a thread in which I'm active but don't reply immediately. Once I have the time to reply that thread may not be on my list anymore and I have to find it in the various categories it could be in.

I'm not sure if that can be configured or if this is an inherent behavior of this discussion forum software.

Kai

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 08:08:25 am »
OK, I see what you mean, Kai.  I'll look through the configuration to see what I can find.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline nyakavt

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 10:51:25 am »
Kai,

An alternative, you can click on your profile and click 'show the last posts of this person'.  I think you can bookmark the URL too.  But it would be nice if the replies button showed all your posts and just highlighted new replies as in the NB forum.

Offline Kaiser

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Imperial Brewing Geek
    • braukaiser.com
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 11:13:50 am »
Kai,

An alternative, you can click on your profile and click 'show the last posts of this person'.  I think you can bookmark the URL too.  But it would be nice if the replies button showed all your posts and just highlighted new replies as in the NB forum.

Good idea. I tried it and it doesn't seem to show if the thread has new posts. It's also a rather long list since the content of the posts is included.

Kai