Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What's Brewing This Weekend - 11/11 Edition  (Read 5761 times)

Offline tomsawyer

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: What's Brewing This Weekend - 11/11 Edition
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2011, 08:22:01 am »
This week I've already brewed an alt and a big weizenbock.  I grew up a starter of WLP830 a few days ago so I might brew a helles today.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline Wheat_Brewer

• Assistant Brewer
  • Bad Bunny Brewing
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2011, 03:01:22 pm »
Brewing up a honey wheat right now! I'm just starting to build my own recipes using calculations, more precise measurements, and generally moving away from the "I think that'll do" method of brewing. Hopefully I'll have a good wheat beer recipe to use as a basis for future wheat beer brewing.

Cheers!
Casey
AHA Lifetime Member

Offline tomsawyer

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2011, 04:21:55 pm »
Way to go Casey, building your own recipes is a fun part of brewing and it does take some thought and experience.

I brewed a helles today, everything went well and then I had a brain fart and pitched my yeast before the wort was at fermenting temp.  I quickly put it in the fermenting chamber so it will get down to temp within a few hours but I know better than that.  The wort was nearly 70F.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline rayallen

• Assistant Brewer
  • San Antonio, TX
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2011, 02:20:41 pm »
Well lets see

I just moved a 5g batch of a Citrus IPA to the keezer where it will sit for another week or so before I start force carbonating

I have a 5g batch of Lemon Grass Wheat in secondary fermentation, will be out in a couple of days and moved to the Keezer.
Both of these will be ready to drink around Turkey day/beginning of December.

Have a Dos XXs Lager clone that I brewed Sunday in its 1st fermentation cycle in the Keezer at 46F. Will be ready sometime in January, early Feburary. Just in time for my Birthday bash.

Putting my Corny Kegs and Keezer to use big time this Fall/Winter season.

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2011, 02:33:43 pm »
Rye IPA again.
You never get tired of drinking the same beer all the time, even if it is amazing?
Jesse

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2011, 03:21:44 pm »
Rye IPA again.
You never get tired of drinking the same beer all the time, even if it is amazing?

Kinda the same way I never tire of THA(and the homebrewed version)...
 Pitched a couple of hours ago on 10g of the CYBI Green Flash WCIPA that got rescheduled, airlock is going already.  ;D
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member