Well this tube of yeast was a bit past the best used by date, and so I grew
it up slowly bit by bit to a pitchable quantity of a 3/4 gallon starter. Pitched
it into a 1.052 wert and kept it prolly at the upper end of it's ideal range it seemed
happy enough fermenting along and I even tasted a bit about 5 days into the ferment.
Started to slow down and I got a little note of butter in that taste so I thought I would
move it into a warmer room for some D-rest time and it was in there for 2 days.
I retasted the hydrometer sample last nite and ewwww....sulfur big time...taste is beer
but smell is sulfur. I moved it back to the cooler ambient garage...50 ish temp
and will let it sit there for a good little spell. I just hope that I can coax the sulfur out and away.
I read the copper reactive thread from Keith and may drop a shiny copper penny in the beer
prior to racking to secondary. Then I will flush it with plenty of CO2...not sure what happened.