The 2017 National Homebrew Competition (NHC) will be here before you know it!
Below is important information on the competition. The American Homebrewers Association is still finalizing details about the competition and will continue to release more specifics as they become available.
- Review First Round site locations.
- Preview the competition’s categories in the Rules & Regulations.
- Announcing new categories: American Wild Ales, Double IPA and Specialty IPA will be individual categories.
- Registration is open January 30, 2017 – February 5, 2017.
- Beer shipments due to First Round sites between February 27 – March 8, 2017.
- First Round judging is March 17 – April 23, 2017.
Visit the Entrant & Volunteer page to download the Rules & Regulations.
* * *
American Homebrewers Association Competition Coordinator John Moorhead is director of the National Homebrew Competition, coordinates the Great American Beer Festival Pro-Am Competition and the Capitol Hill Staff Homebrew Competition, and writes for HomebrewersAssociation.org.