The American Homebrewers Association (AHA) Governing Committee is soliciting nominations for three open seats in 2022. Governing Committee positions are three-year terms. Nominations are due November 30, 2021.
About the AHA Governing Committee
The AHA Governing Committee is an advisory committee to the AHA staff and Brewers Association Board of Directors.
The members of the Governing Committee are elected by the members of the AHA and charged with shaping the association’s policy and activities on their behalf. The Governing Committee also appoints two members as designates to the Brewers Association Board of Directors.
If elected, the Governing Committee member is expected to:
- Participate in monthly conference calls (typically the second Tuesday of the month at 9 p.m. ET)
- Attend the annual face-to-face Governing Committee meeting held the day before Homebrew Con at the location of the conference.
- Actively read AHA reports, provide feedback, and represent the AHA as a united Governing Committee front.
- Nominees must be current AHA members and remain members throughout their term.
- You can nominate yourself as a Governing Committee Candidate.
- Nominees must agree to run if nominated by someone else. Please make sure to get the candidate’s permission first! If nominating someone else, you must include their email address.
- Nominees must provide a written candidate statement (500 words or less), answer a Q&A, and provide a “headshot” picture to be used on HomebrewersAssociation.org.
- Nominees are encouraged to have had some experience in organizations at a local or regional level.
Please contact any of the current Governing Committee members if you have questions about the Governing Committee, the elections, and our work.