Atlas Brew Works in Washington D.C. created this hop-forward rye ale that is both fun and aggressive. Using a large amount of specialty malts and three hop varieties, it is sure to get rye ale lovers’ attention.
This homebrew recipe is featured in 51 Craft Beer Clone Recipes 2019. Find out what recipe was featured for your state!
Atlas Brew Works Rowdy Rye Ale | American Wheat or Rye
- 6 lb (2.72 kg) Briess Pilsen malt
- 1.5 lb (0.68 kg) Briess Rye malt
- 0.8 lb (0.36 kg) Weyermann Carared
- 0.8 lb (0.36 kg) Briess Aromatic malt
- 0.4 lb (0.18 kg) Briess Victory malt
- 0.4 lb (0.18 kg) Briess Carapils malt
- 0.2 lb (91 g) Briess Midnight Wheat
- 0.32 oz (9 g) Bravo hops (90 min)
- 0.48 oz (13.5 g) Zythos hops (20 min)
- 1.23 oz (35 g) Centennial hops (5 min)
- 0.63 oz (18 g) Centennial hops (dry hop)
- 0.63 oz (18 g) Zythos hops (dry hop)
- American Ale yeast
- Original Gravity: 1.057 (14 P)
- ABV: 6.2%
- IBU: 50
- SRM: 19
Single infusion mash at 68° C (154° F). Conduct a 90 minute boil.
Optional water profile: Using carbon filtered DC tap water, add 1.5 g of calcium sulfate and 1.5 g calcium chloride to the mash, as well as 2 mL of food grade 85% phosphoric acid to the sparge.