#BiggestSmallBeerEver is a recipe brewed by 100 craft breweries across the United States in celebration of the 2016 American Craft Beer Week (May 16–22).
The recipe, loosely based on an imperial porter, was inspired by a homebrew recipe from Denver-based Declaration Brewing Co. It was this recipe that breweries across the country made in honor of American Craft Beer Week (ACBW) to bring together brewers from all 50 states for a great cause: bringing attention to the awesomeness that is craft beer! But the #BiggestSmallBeerEver is also meant to pay homage to Declaration Brewing Co. Quality Control manager and local homebrewer, Dr Paul D. Off, who is currently in the fight of his life. The porter, which Declaration has dubbed “P.D.OGG Porter” is one of Paul’s favorite recipes.
For more about the #BiggestSmallBeerEver and American Craft Beer Week, check out the video below and visit CraftBeer.com.
- 7 lb (3.2 kg) Golden Promise malt
- 5 lb (2.3 kg) American 2-row malt
- 1 lb (0.45 kg) Malted oats
- 1 lb (0.45 kg) Pale chocolate malt
- 4 oz (113 g) Roasted barley
- 1.5 oz (42 g) Black patent malt
- 1.5 oz (42 g) Peated or smoked malt
- 5 oz (142 g) Crystal 75° L
- 5 oz (142 g) Crystal 120° L
- 0.75 oz (21 g) Magnum hops, 30 IBU (60 min)
- 0.75 oz (21 g) Fuggles hops, 8 IBU (30 min)
- 0.75 oz (21 g) Fuggles hops, 4 IBU (15 min)
- 0.75 oz (21 g) Fuggles hops, 0.5 IBU (2 min)
- Irish Ale yeast
Yield: 6.5 gallons (24.6 L)
Original Gravity: 1.062
Final Gravity: 1.016
Boil Time: 60 minutes
Mash in with 1.25 quarts of strike water per pound of grain at 150° F (66° C). Conduct a vigorous 60-minute boil, following the hop schedule in the ingredients. Be mindful of boil overs. Ferment at 66–68° F (19–20° C).
Join for Less Than a Pint
Subscribe for only $4.99/month
Members get discounts on beer, food, and merchandise, plus a subscription to Zymurgy magazine online, and unlimited access to medal-winning and clone recipes for just $4.99 a month.