Inspired by a community garden, Boise Brewing has been sharing their small batch beer with the city of Tress since 2014. Centennial hops are the main event in this pale ale—give it a whirl!
This homebrew recipe is featured in Top 50 Commercial Clone Beer Recipes. Find out what recipe was featured for your state!
Boise Brewing Co. Down Down Extra Pale Ale | American Ale
- 14.5 lb Pale malt
- 2.5 lb Crystal 15 malt
- 9 oz Flaked Barley malt
- 1 oz Centennial hops, 10% a.a. (60 min)
- 0.5 oz Centennial hops, 10% a.a. (30 min)
- 0.75 oz Centennial hops, 10% a.a. (10 min)
- 1.0 oz Centennial hops, 10% a.a. (0 min)
- 1 oz Cascade hops (dry)
- 1 oz Centennial hops (dry)
- White Labs California Ale Yeast (WLP001)
- Original Gravity: 1.045
- IBU: 40
Single infusion mash at 148-150° F. Add in the mash hops.
Conduct a 60 minute boil, following the hop schedule as listed in the ingredients.
After primary fermentation is complete, add the dry hops.