Tampa Bay’s Coppertail Brewing Co. describes their Unholy Trippel as an American twist on a traditional Belgian style. It features fruity, funky notes from the Belgian yeast, paired with a sacrilegious American hop character.
This homebrew recipe is featured in Top 50 Commercial Clone Beer Recipes. Find out what recipe was featured for your state!
Coppertail Brewing Co. Unholy Trippel | Belgian Tripel
- 20 lb Pilsner malt
- 2 lb Wheat malt
- 0.15 lb Acidulated Malt
- 4 lb Demerara sugar (10 min)
- 0.1 oz Azacca, 14.6% a.a. (FWH)
- 0.4 oz Columbus, 11.1% a.a. (60 min)
- 0.4 oz Matueka, 7.5% a.a. (15 min)
- 0.2 oz Azacca, 14.6% a.a. (5 min)
- 0.5 oz Matueka, 7.5% a.a. (whirlpool)
- 0.5 oz Simcoe, 12.2% a.a. (whirlpool)
- 1.6 oz Matueka, 7.5% a.a. (dry hop)
- 5.3 oz Simcoe, 12.2% a.a. (dry hop)
- Belgian Strong yeast
- Original Gravity: 1.080
- ABV: 9.5%
- Boil Time: 90 minutes
- Efficiency: 75%
Mash at 149° F for 60 minutes. Conduct a 90 minute boil, following the schedule listed in the ingredients. Ferment at 76° F.