This beer was named Pile ‘O Dirt because of the ridiculous amount of dirt Crow Peak Brewing had to build their original brewery on to get them out of the flood plain. This porter is very dark in color with a nice tan head and complexity due to the variety of specialty malts used.
This homebrew recipe is featured in 51 Craft Beer Clone Recipes 2019. Find out what recipe was featured for your state!
Crow Peak Brewing Co. Pile ‘O Dirt Porter | Robust Porter
- 9 lb (4.08 kg) Briess Pale Ale malt
- 1.5 lb (0.68 kg) Briess Bonlander Munich malt (10L)
- 0.5 lb (0.23 kg) Briess Chocolate malt
- 0.5 lb (0.23 kg) Briess Carapils malt
- 0.5 lb (0.23 kg) Briess Extra Special malt
- 0.5 lb (0.23 kg) Briess Blackprinz malt
- 0.5 oz (14 g) Perle hops, 8.2 % a.a. (first wort)
- 0.3 oz Willamette hops, 4.5% a.a. (10 min)
- 0.3 oz Willamette hops, 4.5% a.a. (whirlpool)
- Pacific Northwest Ale yeast
- Original Gravity: 1.062
- Final Gravity: 1.015
- ABV: 5.5%
- IBU: 20
- SRM: 35
Single infusion mash at 156° F (69° C) for 60 minutes. 60 minute boil. Ferment at 63° F (17° C).