Yield: 5 US gal. (18.9 L)
The following beer recipe is featured in the May/June 2020 issue of Zymurgy magazine. Access this issue along with the archives with Zymurgy Online!
This semi-sweet traditional mead recipe comes courtesy of Scott Kurtz (Saint Louis, Mo., STL Brewminati, St. Louis Brews, St. Louis Area Homebrewers Guild, Route 66 Outlanders).
Kurt shares: "I decided to use the Almost Mesquite Honey from Trader Joe’s on a whim years ago. It became a favorite of a woman very special to me and has been my most successful mead to date, with multiple awards"
- Best in show, Mead/Cider, 8 Seconds of Froth 2019
- Gold medal, Mead Category, Hammerdown Brew Cup 2019
- Gold medal, Traditional Mead, Hoppy Halloween 2019
- Gold medal, Mead Category, Bluff City Brewers Annual Homebrew Competition
- 1st place, Traditional Mead, National Homebrew Competition First Round 2017